Bike love is in the air.
Join us for the sixth annual Live the Revolution, presented by Sugar Wheel Works. It’s a bicycle-themed storytelling event that benefits the Bicycle Transportation Alliance’s Safe Routes to School education program. For the past five years, Sugar Wheel Works has been celebrating its anniversary with this great event as a way to inspire the next generation to ride!
“I remember my first bike—a little pink Schwinn ‘My Fair Lady’ spec’d with a banana seat and a bell! I had the training wheels for half a summer before I declared them useless and in one afternoon I had learned the art of the two-wheeler. Once I had a bike no television could keep me inside—the world was mine to discover. Today I ride a pink Sweet Pea bicycle spec’d with a brooks saddle, bell and no training wheels!”
-Jude Gerace, Owner Sugar Wheel Works
Get your ticket here. And one for your date.
What is Live the Revolution?
Live the Revolution is a collection of stories told live by your favorite Portland personalities. This year’s storytellers are (drumroll):
- Leah Benson, Gladys Bikes
- Donnie Kolb, Velodirt
- Diana Rempe, Street Books
- Mychal Tetteh, Community Cycling Center
SPECIAL GUEST: Brad Ross, Emcee. Join us in congratulating him on his retirement and celebrating his work with Cross Crusade.
When and where?
When: Friday, February 12th. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., show starts at 7:30 p.m. We’ll have Hotlips pizza, Hopworks beer, Cascadia Cider, Atlas Sodaworks soda, love poem writers, baked treats, live music, a raffle and more!
Where: Alberta Abbey, 126 NE Alberta Street in Portland
What about my bike? Our friends at Spinlister will provide on-site bike valet and seat covers!
It’s not a BTA party without raffle prizes! Check out the super great prizes we have this year:
- The Ultimate Commuter Package: Pedego 28″ Classic City Commuter electric bike + Nutcase Lotsa Love helmet and bell ($2,680 value)
- Ultimate Wheel Set: Sugar Wheel Works wheel set built with White Industries Mi5 hubs ($800 value)
- Bags for the Whole Family: 20L Clinton Backpack, Scout Basket Kit, Scout Handlebar Kit, Large Travel Pouch, Handlebar Pouch, and 21 Scout Duffle from North St Bags ($505 value)
- Kids Bike Package: Yuba Flip Flop kids bike + saddle bag and basket, 2 Double Darn kids’ cycling caps, It’s Only Love Active Wear kids’ gear, 5 OMSI passes, 4 Circuit Gym passes and goodies from Bob’s Red Mill ($570 value)
- Cycle Oregon Women’s Ride: 2 passes to Joyride on June 11 and 2 Double Darn adult cycling caps ($272 value)
Raffle tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. You do not need to be present to win.
Safe Routes to School For Every Kid. Support the revolution.
We know you love bikes. We also know you love being able to get to a date with your bike safely. We know that if you and your +1 end up with little ones, you’ll want them to be able to bike and walk to school safely. The BTA recently launched a campaign, For Every Kid, that aims to secure critical funding that will educate students and families, fix neighborhood streets, and increase access to transit for every kid in the metro area. Live the Revolution raises awareness for our Safe Routes to School efforts, and we encourage you to sign the petition today.
Show some love to our sponsors. They help make the stories happen.
This year, Live the Revolution is sponsored by Bethany Bauman Design, Beneficial State Bank, Brink Communications, Double Darn, Hopworks Urban Brewery, Hotlips Pizza, North St Bags, Pedego Electric Bikes, Frank Peters, The Portland Mercury, Portland Story Theater, Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider, River City Bicycles, Spinlister, Sugar Wheel Works, Visual Aid, White Industries, and XRAY.fm.
Get your tickets here:
Online ticket sales have ended. Tickets are $15 at the door, while supplies last!