If you own a dream bike, then the next best thing you can do is keep it safe. There are more than two million bikes stolen in the United States, some of them were recovered, but many of them were not.
Luckily, you can prevent this from happening. We have discovered the perfect way to protect your bike from thieves. There are reliable bike locks in the market that can keep your bike safe and secure. Below, we have reviewed some of the best bike chain locks for you to consider. Check them out to minimize the chances of your bike being stolen!
Best Bike Chain Lock Reviews
1. Kryptonite 001591 Chain Bike Lock
If you want to give your bike the maximum level of security and protection, the Kryptonite chain bike lock is our top recommendation. With its 7mm four-sided chain link, you can easily park your bike without worrying. The chain links are powerful enough as it is made of 3T manganese steel. You are ensured that thieves will find the chain difficult to break.
You will appreciate its deadbolt design. It is hard and durable to lessen the rate of breakage when applied with pressure. The deadbolt feature gives the lock an additional holding power, which doubles its strength. It is a highly impressive product as it is drill resistant, too.
Aside from a strengthened chain link, this bike lock chain comes with an anti-theft protection feature where you can register online to activate it. The manufacturer also provides a money-back guarantee in case the product is damaged or ineffective.
2. Sportneer SP-Bike Lock Chain Lock
The second product in this list will not disappoint. This Sportneer chain lock has an impressive 5-digit lock combination that provides you with 100,000 possible codes. Thieves will find it hard to crack the code in case they attempt to steal your bike.
Since it is a combination type of lock, it provides you the convenience of a keyless lock. You need not to worry about misplacing the keys or losing them. The combination lock is easy to set or reset, and you can customize the digits for your own convenience.
In terms of durability, you are guaranteed that this product is strong enough to withstand any breakage. It features durable resistance cut cable that comes in 0.27-inch thick, making it a heavier chain. The chain itself is made of manganese steel to ensure that it holds any cut. It is also zinc-plated for added protection.
3. Titanker Bike Chain Lock
Another product deserving to be part of the top list is this Titanker bike chain lock. It is a key type of lock that comes in three solid colors. You have purple, blue, and black to choose from. The different shade options can complement the overall look of your bike.
This bike chain lock is made to provide you with security and portability. It has an effective key lock mechanism to prevent it from getting lost. You can only remove the key, once you ensure that this chain is already locked. Moreover, you don’t have to worry if you lose the key as it comes with a spare one. In other words, there are two keys provided in the package.
The chain bike lock is also very durable. It is made of heavy-duty material with a width of 6mm. The thick chain links give your bike security and protection. It can resist any untoward cut or breakage as well. The steel composition is strong and made to be cut-resistance. However, you need to lubricate the lock hole to prolong its usage.
4. UBULLOX Bike Chain Lock
If having a four-digit combination lock does not give you better security, this UBULLOX five-digit combination lock is worth considering. It has over 100,000 possible codes, making it hard for thieves to crack. The potential codes to unlock your bike will be impossible for them to guess!
This bike chain lock is made of zinc alloy. It is heavy-duty lock material to offer strength and power. This bike chain lock has a thickness of 0.24-inch alloy steel, making it drill and cut resistant. It is one of the features that you should consider when looking for the best bike chain lock. It also has an excellent anti-theft locking system, which provides more security to your bike.
You will observe that the head of the bike chain lock is made of high-quality PE plastic, simplifying the lock and unlock mechanisms. The locking will be smooth and flawless because of the material used. It also comes with a sleeve to make it scratch and dust-free. However, you need to keep some lubricant handy for longevity.
5. Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Chain
If you are looking for another top-caliber product from Kryptonite, you should take a look at this bike chain lock that is mentioned notably in many Kryptonite chain lock reviews. It is built with 4mm six-sided chain links put together to create an excellent chain. The links are very durable with 3T hardened manganese steel to hold and resist pressure or cut.
It is not a combination lock as it comes with three stainless steel keys. One of the keys is a specialized kind that is accompanied by a high-intensity bulb and a replaceable battery. You will never worry about losing it because it is light and easy to find given its LED feature.
As this Kryptonite lock is made by a reputable brand, it is expected to be very strong and durable. It has layers of security systems to protect your bike, including the patented steel crossbar feature and double deadbolt locking to ensure it holds power against extreme pressure. This bike chain lock has a high-security disc-style cylinder that intensifies its resistance power. It is an anti-drill and anti-pull type of key chain lock.
6. Titanker Bike Chain Lock
Another bike chain lock from Titanker, this lock is similar to its predecessor that exhibits an excellent design and lock system. It comes with a solid black color surrounding the chain and a bold white print of the company’s name. You can tell in an instant that the product is top-quality.
The chain link is built to provide durability and strength to the entire chain. Each link has 6mm thickness, making it robust. The chain link is made of heavy-duty steel to ensure that it can withstand cuts or any form of external pressure. However, if you want to get the best out of this product and better longevity, you need to lubricate the lock hole. It will prevent the product from rusting or accumulating too much dust.
This bike chain lock is not hard to lock or unlock. You just snap to keep it together once you park your bike. By then, you can comfortably leave your bike and run errands. You are ensured that your bike is well-protected and secured.
7. DadyMart Bike Chain Lock
If you are exploring different bike chain locks from several brands, this DadyMart bike chain lock is worth considering. It demonstrates a very simple and easy locking system. Unlike other chain locks from this list, this comes with a locking bolt that can be inserted when locking your bike. You can conveniently lock without worrying about losing the key or forgetting the combination digit.
It is not just an ordinary bolt locking chain as it is made of high-quality metal material. It provides strength and power to the overall structure of the bike chain lock. The metal used is powerful enough to withstand extreme external pressure. However, you need to properly care and maintain the lock to avoid rusting. You are guaranteed that when you park your bike, thieves will not be able to steal it.
As part of its anti-theft design, each chain link has a 6mm thickness, which means that it is strong and solid enough to resist cut or breakage. The links are ensured to be hard and durable because as it has undergone crucial heating processes. It is shear, tensile, and corrosion resistant, all of which make it a very impressive product.
8. OKG NVU1212016H Bike Chain Lock
If you are looking for a lock that is sleek and simple but impressively resisting, this OKG bike heavy-duty lock is perfect for you. It is specifically made to endure any untoward pressure or force. You are ensured of power, strength, and durability when you buy this product.
It comes with a 12mm heavy-duty chain link. The link diameter size is exceptional already as it is double the standard chain link size. You are guaranteed that the cut resisting power is twice as much, as well. The link itself went through a thorough process to ensure hardness and strength.
Each link is made of manganese anti-rust steel, the top material to use for bike chains. The material increases the strength and power of each link, making the whole product very durable. You will never get disappointed with the security and protection that this chain lock provides.
9. Etronic M10 Bike Lock
Another combination bike chain lock we have on the list comes from Etronic. This Etronic bike lock has a black chain and a colorful combination digit lock. You will not be confused with your five-digit combination in this color-coded lock. Moreover, the lock is aesthetically-pleasing with the printed name of the manufacturer in white on the cover.
As this bike lock is made to provide necessary security to your bike, you have the option to create a customized five-digit combination lock. It is keyless, so you do not have to worry about losing or misplacing your key. You can easily set or reset the digit combination to ensure that your bike enjoys the highest degree of security.
This bike chain lock has durable links to resist pressure and cuts. The square-linked cable is made of hardened metal steel for strength and durability. It can withstand both cutting and sawing as it has enough thickness. However, you need to maintain it with lubricant for longer usage.
10. INTEKIN Chain Lock Bike Chain
The best way to secure your bike is by using an effective bike chain lock. This INTEKIN chain lock is a very effective mechanism to keep your bike safe and secure. However, it is in the pricier range. With its cylindrical shape lock and a durable chain, you can have guaranteed security for your bike.
This bike chain lock comes in solid black with a yellow print of the brand’s name. At both ends are loops securely joined together to serve as the locking mechanism. With the length of the chain, you can surround the back or front wheel of your bike and attach it to an immovable object when parking.
When you closely observe this chain bike lock, you will notice that it is made of sturdy and durable material. The chain links are of high-quality manganese steel to ensure that they are resistant to cut or breakage. It is a heavy-duty material that is not too brittle to protect your bike.
11. AKM Bike Chain Lock
This AKM bike chain lock made it to our list because of its effectiveness. It can give superb protection to your bike thanks to its 10mm chain-link that is tough against cut or pressure. You can rely on this bike chain link, especially when you are looking for anti-sawing and anti-drill locks.
The lock is proven to be strong and highly-durable with its alloy hardened steel material. However, it is one of the most expensive in our list. It has a double bow hitch in the body as part of its anti-theft protection feature.
You are guaranteed that your bike will be protected from cutting, sawing, and breaking. It is made to last for a long time, too. It also has a non-blocking feature, which allows you to open the lock with ease.
Aside from the hardened alloy material used, this chain lock is safe and non-toxic. It has a blend of PVC material in its rust allow links. Then, it is protected by a nylon cover to keep it from scratches or damage.
12. Schlage Cinch Ring Security Chain
The last on our list is the Schlage bike chain lock. It is another great product in this list made of treated manganese steel links that demonstrate strength and durability. The material used in this bike chain link exhibits the ability to protect your bike even in high-risk areas. You are guaranteed that your bike is securely stationed where you parked it.
Aside from its strength and power, this chain link is beautifully crafted and designed. You will see a gold chain surrounded by a black printed cloth cover. The chain itself looks sleek with its solid-gold color design. It provided sophisticated spruce to the overall lock. At one end, there is a cinch ring to allow the two ends to join together when you lock it.
This bike chain lock can resist any form of attack or pressure in case you park your bike at a high-risk location. You are ensured that it can withstand unwanted thieves if they intend to steal your bike. The cinch ring and Schrage high-security padlocks that come along the chain are hard to break.
Are Chain Bike Locks Good
Chain bike locks are good for providing security to your bike. Chain locks are a combination of both heavy-duty lock and hardened steel chain, integrated together to serve as durable security devices, achieving a higher level of protection and security to MTBs.
They can either have a key or combination lock customized for your use. Unlike D-locks, they are longer and can pass through both bike wheels or frames and can be attached to an immovable object. Chain locks are good because they provide you flexibility in securing your bike.
What to Look for When Buying Bike Chain Locks
The main purpose of locking chains is to keep your bike from theft. They are specially designed to protect your bike from being stolen. You should look for bike chain locks that can resist hacksaws or chisels normally used by thieves when stealing.
The chain of your bike lock should be tough and strong to withstand pressure from robbers. You should invest in a padlock that is powerful and sturdy so no matter what a thief does, your bike will not be stolen.
The material can also affect the level of security for chain locks. Hence, you should invest in locks that cannot easily be cut by a hammer or saws.
Locks keys or combinations
There are two ways to protect your bike. You can either use lock keys or combinations. Most keyed locks use flat or cylindrical keys. They usually come with two keys in case you lose the first one. You normally find this type of key lock in U-locks, as well.
Combination locks are more convenient as it does not require a key to lock or unlock. You just need to provide number combinations, usually a 4-digit code. This type of security is more personal where you need to remember the code, everytime.
Chain Link Size
The size is also an important consideration when looking for a bike chain lock. The size of the chain determines the level of security it provides. It depends on how big your bike is. Thick chains are ideal for bigger bikes, while thin ones are better for regular sized bikes. You can choose from 9-12mm, 13-15mm, and 16mm.
What are the Different Types of Bike Chain Locks
The different types of locks vary in its chain link sizes. As I mentioned earlier, you can choose from 9-12mm, 13-15mm, or 16mm. The firsts are easiest for thieves to cut. It can be cut with medium-sized bolt cutters, making it susceptible to stealing.
The 13-15mm requires larger bolt cutters. 16mm chain links, is the best as it resists any bolt cutters. This size can give your bike the protection and security it needs. If you want to know what type of bike lock is the best, choose the one with the thickest diameter.
Are there any Bike Chain Locks that Cannot be Cut
No bike chain lock is invincible to a persistent thief. Given the right tools and expertise, thieves can find ways to steal your bike. The best option you have is giving your bike different layers of protection from robbing or stealing. You can double your chain locks, attach an alarm, and find the most secure place to park your bike.
What is the Most Secure Way to Lock Your Bike
To give your bike the highest level of security, you need to lock your bike with two locks and attach it to an immovable object. The best method is to attach your bike into the ground. The two chain locks have their intended purpose. The first one should go around the front wheel, while the other one goes around the back wheel.
You must ensure that the lock securely surrounds the frame of your bike. It will be harder for thieves to steal your bike this way. If you are using combination locks, make sure to use complicated digits combination for better security. Always double check whether your bike is securely attached to a stationary object before leaving it alone.
Protecting and keeping your bike safe is a major concern among bikers. Good thing, the best bike chain locks we mentioned above can address this concern. You can choose the right protection from digit combination locks to LED light key chain locks. These chain bike locks deliver excellent performance for low to high risk locations. You just need to securely lock your bike to a non-mobile object to keep it steady.
- Keyless Secure Lock Mechanism: This bike chain lock has advanced 5-digit combination lock, allowing up to 100,000 possible codes making it nearly...
- Durable Cut Resistance Cable: This bike lock cable is made from extra thick manganese steel for cut resistance and protective zinc-plated coating to...
- Easy To Set/Reset: Easy to set and reset your own personalized number combination
- Long Flexible Cable: This bike lock is 3.2 feet long, ideal for bicycles, bike, ladders, lawnmowers, gates, fences, tool boxes, bbq, sport equipments...
- Waterproof & Dustproof Cover: A flexible cloth sleeve which covers the chains to protect it from being scratched and sawed, long lifespan
- Now available in 3 new colors: grey, red, & purple
- 7mm four-sided chain links made from 3T MANGANESE STEEL
- Patent-pending END LINK DESIGN secures chain to hardened deadbolt eliminating critical vulnerability
- Hardened DEADBOLT DEDSIGN provides extra holding power
- HIGH SECURITY DISC-STYLE CYLINDER is pick and drill resistant
- Outdoor bike cable lock with combination is best used as a bicycle lock and to secure other outdoor equipment
- Cable bike lock features a preset, four-digit combination lock; Provides a basic security level that is best used as a theft deterent
- Bike lock is made with braided steel for flexibility, and includes a protective vinyl coating that helps prevent scratching
- Bike lock cable is 4 ft. (1.2 m) long and 5/16 in. (8 mm) wide in diameter
- Includes one combination bike lock cable
- Secure & Portable: The key can only be pulled out when locked, which prevents the key from being lost. Titanker bike lock comes with 2 keys. You can...
- Heavy Duty & High Quality: With 8mm thicker security heavy-duty chain links, our bike lock is made of heavy-duty steel known for its cut-resistance....
- Protective Cloth Sleeve & Dust Cover: Chain is enclosed in protective cloth sleeve, which effectively protects the bike lock chain from rusting and...
- Safety Tips: Never leave your bike locked outside for long periods of time. Especially in high crime areas. No bicycle lock is 100% secure
- Portable Safe Size: The overall length of the bicycle chain lock is about 3.3 feet. The links are about 1.97 inches long and about 0.32 inches inch...
- 3ft chain lock for bike: With 6mm thick security heavy-duty chain links, our bike chain lock is made of heavy-duty steel known for its cut-resistance....
- Protective cloth sleeve & dust cover: The chain of this bike lock is enclosed in protective cloth sleeve that could effectively protect the chain from...
- Easy to lock: You can just snap it together to get it locked without the keys. Safety tips: Never leave your bike locked outside for long periods of...
- Secure & portable: Titanker bike chain locks come with 2 keys. You can take one of the keys for daily use while leaving another at home in case you...
- Portable safe size: The overall length of the chain lock is about 3 feet. The links are about 1.97 inches long and about 0.23 inches thick. Lock...
- Premium Quality: Our security chains are made of hardened steel with a special anti-corrosion coating which makes them ideal for outdoor use. Each...
- Theft Deterrence: Our chain cannot be compromised by typical aggressive burglary attacks. Each individual link is unique in that the shape is squared...
- Secure Anything: ABUS square link security chains are utilized by both industrial and consumer users. Our customers trust this chain to secure their...
- Scratch Resistant: Traditional security chains expose your items/property to potential damages and scratches when in use. ABUS security chains feature...
- Synonymous with Security: ABUS has been manufacturing and innovating security technology since 1924. When it comes to protecting lives and valuables,...
- SECURE & RESETTABLE: Smart 5-digit resettable combination bike chain lock, much safer than other 4 digit locks. Easy to set your own personalized...
- STURDY & DURABLE: It's hard to break through as the lock cylinder of the bike lock is made of zinc alloy. The bicycle chain lock is made of 0.27 inch...
- SCRATCH-PROOF FABRIC PROTECTION: The bicycle chain lock is wrapped by a high quality polypropylene fabric, which is scratch-proof and wear-resistant,...
- CONVENIENT TO USE: Combination locking mechanism provide keyless convenience and set your own password by easy steps. With keyless convenience lock,...
- MULTI-PURPOSE: The chain lock is 3.2 feet, long enough to lock 2-3 bikes together, or lock your bike to a tree, gate, fence, railing, thick pole and...
- STURDY & DURABLE: The bike lock is made of 8mm/0.32inch heat treatment hardening high manganese steel square link which is resistant to cutting,...
- NO BLOCKING: The lock cylinder of this bike chain lock is made by zinc alloy blade, which has a precise structure to prevent technical opening. With...
- HUMANISED DESIGN: This bike chain lock comes with 3 keys, so you'll always have a spare one. It will offer you some peace of mind in case you lose...
- PORTABLE SIZE: The total length of this chain bike lock is 35.5inch and the weight of which is 2.87lb. You can just wrap the heavy duty bike lock on...
- WIDE APPLICATION: This bicycle lock has a wide application which is ideal for bicycle, motorcycle, gates, fences and more. Just use it to freely...
- 12mm hardened steel shackle
- Sold Secure Gold Rating
- Durable sleeve for frame protection and wall hook for easy storage
- Three keys included
- Weight: 4. 6kg (10. 1lbs)
- Key lock helps you store your bike more securely
- 5 feet x 8 mm braided steel cable provides convenience and strength
- Tough protective vinyl cover offers weather resistance and prevents scratches
- Includes carrying bracket for easy storage and transport
- Includes 2 keys