One must never overlook the importance of bike locks. Imagine you are just chilling inside your favorite cafe and someone flew off with your bike. We don’t want that to happen, and this is where cafe bike locks come in handy.
With myriads of bike locks on the market, choosing one is not a walk in the park. But, don’t fret because your search ends today. Listed below are the best cafe bike locks that we picked for you. Let’s have a look!
Best Cafe Bike Lock Reviews
1. OTTOLOCK Combination Bike Lock
I have a love and hate relationship with the OTTOLOCK Combination Bike Lock. But, let’s start with the positive side first. I love the design of this bike lock because it looks sleek and comes in a wide variety of colors.
That’s why I bought three color variants to match whatever bike I’m going to bring around town. At first, I was hesitant with its length because the product picture makes it look small. But when I finally received the item, I’m surprised at how big it was.
The combination lock feature was very cool and handy too. And I’m also loving how lightweight it is, making this bike lock my best choice for portability. Now, let’s get to the negative side.
2. Hiplok ZCOM1TE Security Tie & Bike Lock
If you are looking for a versatile cafe bicycle lock, then you should not miss checking out the Hiplok Security Tie & Bike Lock. The lock can be used whatever way you want it. Should you want to use it on the tire only, or on the body of your bike itself, you name it!
I love the small and compact design of this bike lock. It’s small enough to be almost unnoticeable by burglars who want to steal your bike. There are several color options to choose from, including yellow and blue. But, I bought the black one because it complements the color of my bike well.
The way this cafe bicycle lock camouflages in my bike with the size and color combined is a big plus. Now here comes the worse part. Buying this bike lock is like a lot of trial and error.
3. ABUS Pro Tectic Bike Lock
Are you looking for something with durability and quality combined into one? Then, you should opt for the ABUS Pro Tectic Bike Lock. This one feels like a breath of fresh air because of the design alone. I love the circle shape, which fits my wheel and bike frame very well.
What’s best is that the case, supporting elements, and the lock itself are made out of hardened steel. I can feel the durability of the bike lock just because of the material alone. The shackle steel size is relatively thick at 8.5mm, giving you reliable performance in securing your bike.
The lock is open for only 2 1/4″, and this cannot work with fat tires. You may need to purchase additional chains or a second lock for the highest security. The package comes with two keys, where the other one is solely for backup purposes.
The ABUS cafe bike lock is indeed a worry-free bike lock, which provides a good security level of 7. I’m so satisfied while using it. Once I was having afternoon coffee in my favorite cafe, and I saw someone trying to steal my bike but failing because I used this lock.
4. Bosvision Ultra-Secure Versatile Combination Lock
If you want a bike lock that doesn’t only lock your bike but also your other belongings, then this Bosvision Ultra-Secure Versatile Combination Lock is for you. It is not only for bikes but also for your stroller, snowboard, bags, and other essentials.
This lock has a three feet retractable cable that is long enough to be stretched around. I’m having fun using this one because of its versatility. Aside from locking my bike, I also use it to lock my travel bag zipper and skis when I’m going out of town.
This multipurpose lock is a godsend for those who are always on-the-go not only in their bikes but also in traveling the world. It also has a functionality where you can push a button and the cable will automatically retract which is pretty neat.
And the best part? All these features and functions come at a reasonable price even if it is a retractable cable bike lock, making it the best deal for those who want a secure and stylish bike lock. But, the real problem begins when it comes to tough conditions.
5. Disecu Four-Digit Combination Lock
Since we’re now talking more about versatile bike locks, might as well go overboard with it. And this is where the Disecu Four-Digit Combination Lock comes into play. This lock is pretty simple when it comes to usability.
It is essentially a lock with a combination pad and a compression cable for extra security. The cable is up to four meters in length when stretched. To test its flexibility, I tried wrapping the cable around a tree to secure the lock and it worked like a charm.
The lock alone is made out of plastic steel and zinc alloy, which gives you the best of both worlds in terms of durability. Since it is a versatile lock, I also tried it on my backpack, luggage, and even my fence.
The package comes with two padlocks (the other one for backup) and a single compression cable. All this is available at a sweet deal for the budget-conscious buyers.
6. Kryptonite Kryptocables Cable Lock
If you are tight on budget but still want to get a bike lock that does the basics, then this is the right one for you. The Kryptonite Kryptocables Cable Lock is a cable lock that is secured with a four-digit combination.
This features a traditional cable lock mechanism that is already known by everyone. Even though I didn’t have any problems using this lock for the first time. I remember I had one back in the days when I got my first bike in grade school. That’s why using this one has that familiar feeling that I’ve already known for years.
As expected, this bike lock works as intended. The cable expands up to 1.2 meters when stretched. The locking mechanic is simple and won’t take you even a minute to figure out. I highly recommend this for those who want a simple bike lock without all the bells and whistles.
7. Nulock SG_B06XCZCRCM_US Multipurpose Lock
We are now living in the modern age where technology has been thriving more than ever. And what better way to be part of the trend then by buying the Nulock Keyless Bluetooth Multipurpose Lock.
Yes, you heard that right. From the name itself, this multipurpose bike lock is Bluetooth enabled. Upon exploring this bike lock in detail, I found that it is packed with lots of functionalities. The lock is powered by a rechargeable battery because of its built-in alarm and auto-locking capabilities.
This is where the Bluetooth functionality comes into play. You need to download its accompanying app on your phone to make use of its full potential. The app allows you to lock the bike as long as you are connected to Bluetooth.
What’s more, the app will notify you when thieves try to break the lock. I was surprised how technology has gone so far that even a simple bike lock can have this capability, just like the safeman bike lock.
For the build quality, you have a braided stainless steel cable that looks durable enough to withstand tools for cutting. And the best part? Both the cable and lock are water-resistant, which is again, very similar to the safeman bike lock. It’s waterproof, has braided steel cables, and is made for some beating, so you don’t have to worry about its durability. This means no amount of rain will tear this bike lock apart.
8. ROCK BROS Bike Lock
Here is another bike lock that I love using because it works great and is simple to use. The ROCK BROS Bike Lock Cable looks cute but does the job well in securing your bike. You get both functionalities and form with this one because of its aesthetics.
You can choose between three colors as well if customization is your thing. This lock is compatible with any bike including kids’ bikes. I tried it with my young cousin’s bike and it works with no issues at all.
It is also lightweight, making it perfect for traveling without the added weight on your bag. But what I love most about this bike lock is the durability. The material used for this is aluminum alloy, which is a better option and is rust-free compared to steel. This also makes it a lightweight bike lock.
9. Bike U-Locks Heavy-Duty Security Cable
If you are into U-lock bike locks, then this is the product you have been waiting for. The Bike U-Locks Heavy-Duty Security Cable; however, is not just a simple “u-lock” bike lock. It offers more than what meets the eye, and I’m excited to explain them in detail.
First, this lock is heat and shear-resistant. This means the lock can survive harsh conditions and still perform well with no problems. Some people hate u-lock types because they are hard to install. But, that is not the case with this one.
The first time I tried the lock I was able to use it without any extra tools, and this is thanks to the high-quality mounting bracket.
To put the lock to the test, I purposely parked my bike somewhere in an open area and used the lock. I noticed some burglars trying to break the lock but all of them failed. That’s why I’m so satisfied with using this until I noticed one problem.
10. TURBOLOCK Bluetooth Bike Lock
Last but not least, we have the TURBOLOCK Bluetooth Bike Lock. Just like the bike lock we mentioned earlier, this one also has Bluetooth capabilities. The moment I received this lock, I couldn’t be more excited to test it out.
This lock has a dedicated app called the “TurboLock Plus”, where you can create eKeys, track the history of the lock, and share encrypted eKeys with your friends or family. It’s insane to think that such technology will fit inside a small bike lock like this.
The cutting-edge “passcode disguise” feature prevents burglars from unlocking it. This is a unique feature that can’t be found in any other Bluetooth-enabled bike lock. As for material quality, it has a stainless steel cable that is cut-resistant, which is a pretty good thing for a strap bike lock.
What to Look for When Buying a Cafe Bike Lock
To help you choose the best cafe bike lock, here are some considerations you should keep in mind:
Every bike lock has its lock mechanism. The common ones are the combination lock, key lock, chain locks, and cable locks. Make sure to choose one that you find easy to use.
Choose a bike lock that is durable enough to withstand burglar’s tools that will be used to tear it apart. These kinds of people are anywhere, especially in the public. So always mind the durability of the lock itself.
Always go for a trusted and reputable brand when buying a bike lock. However, if you want to try something new by buying from other not-so-well-known brands, then always check the reviews first. Doing so helps you determine if it’s worthy to get.
Size and weight
Different cafe locks for bikes have different measurements for their size and weight. So, opt for one that is compatible with your bike’s dimensions.
Thickness is important if you are going to buy the cable or chain bike locks. Do keep in mind that thieves have lots of tools at their disposal, with bolt cutters being the highlight. So, make sure that you choose one with a thick cable or chain for extra durability.
Shopping for the best cafe lock for bikes is no easy feat. But, we hope that this article is a big help for you to do so. Don’t wait for your bike to be stolen unnoticed. Now is the best time to shop for your own best cafe bike lock.
- 【EASY TO RESET COMBINATIONS】:Resettable 4 dial combination for keyless convenience, it engages and disengage very easily，this bike lock cable...
- 【Small Bike Cable Lock for Your Child】:It was easy to set our combo and we have not had any problems with it. Easy enough for the kids to lock and...
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT & CONVENIENT】: When you hate carrying around an extra pound of weight on your rides,But often, when you ride past enticing cafes and...
- 【Product Size】：Product weight:130g .This bike cable lock is about 12mm in diameter and about 270mm in length.
- 【Multi functional application】:The small cable lock can not only be used to lock your bikes, it can also be used for motorcycles, scooters,...
- 16mm Hardended Max Performance Steel Shackle Resists Hand Tools, Bolt Cutters, and Leverage Attacks
- Interior Locking Dimensions; 4" x 8"
- Key Safe Program; Kryptonite will ship your first 2 keys for free, globally, in the event you lose them.
- Anti-Theft Protection Offer; Up to $4,000 Reimbursement for 1 Year Included
- Safe, practical and made in Germany
- Easy to install on the rear struts, key removable when lock is unlocked
- Includes connection of additional cable and chain (sold separately)
- 8.5 mm thick latch made from specially hardened steel
- ABUS Plus cylinder with 2 keys and code card
- The Perfect Bike Lock for short stops, cafe trips and accessories
- User resettable 3 digit security code ( no keys required )
- Flexible toughened nylon outer with reinforced steel core and locking head
- Multiuse, reusable zip-like security tie
- Weighs only 80g! An ultra-lightweight, flexible and convenient bike lock
- Locks the wheel to the bike frame
- 8.5 mm steel shackle
- 2 keys supplied
- Security level 7
- No one can decode your password except yourself : ROCKBROS bike lock combination can set 100000 possible password which is too hard for any thief to...
- Sturdy & Durable: Thickness of 0.7 inches, 6 steel cables inside, each cable contain 7 high-strength steel wire. Lock cylinder is made of zinc alloy...
- Water-proof & Anti-rust: Covered with thickened PVC material, you can trustingly put this specialized bike lock outdoor on rainy days without worrying...
- Soft-touch & Protective: The bike lock cable combination is sprayed with rubber paint, matte texture, smooth to touch and will not scratch the bicycle...
- Perfect daily tool: Weight only 0.8lb, nice choice as a daily tool. Use this lightweight bike lock to protect your motorcycles, scooters, skateboards,...
- Includes frame lock and covered chain
- Prevents theft by 2 methods, locking the wheel and locking the chain to a heavy object
- Chain is square 5.5mm and 1500mm (5 feet) long
- Includes 2 Velcro straps for holding the chain and two screws and detachable spacers for mounting
- Frame lock has inner width of 63 mm (2.5 inches)
- 5. 5 mm steel bars Made of special hardened steel
- Soft-touch coating on the bars and matching silicone lock body cover protects bike's paint job
- Two keys supplied with the lock, one LED lighted
- Abus Code card for ordering additional or replacement keys
- Compact, versatile folding technology offers greater range of locking options