Every cyclist needs a good pair of lights. It greatly helps them see the street clearly, avoiding obstacles that may cause accidents. It also keeps everyone safe and sound, even if we pass through a well-lit urban backdrop or lightless backroads.
In this guide, editors tried and tested lights for biking. They determined which one suits your commute the best. All the best commuter bike lights were then sifted for you. You can choose from the twelve items we chose below. Road users like you can keep your rides safer and more comfortable because you can see everything.
Best Commuter Bike Light Reviews
1. BLITZU Gator 390 Lights Set
Take a look at this light set from BLITZU that will leave you in awe. I can recharge it using a USB. Its long battery life makes sure that it can accompany my ride for a long time. It helps me a lot because I don’t have to pay for the battery replacement. Plus, I can also help the environment by reducing battery waste.
Commuters will love how bright this light is. Thanks to this, I can pedal with no worries. It is powered by the latest CREE LED with an extremely bright lumen output of 390. Because of it, I can see everything within 300 feet. It is one of the best commuter bicycle lights that I tried.
Moreover, its versatility is also top-notch. Besides my bike, it perfectly fits my baby’s stroller, mower, and even my husband’s ride. I can also attach and detach this device within two seconds. The easy installation helps commuters who don’t know how to mount one.
2. CYCLE TORCH Night Owl Lights Set
This commuter bike light stands up for its name. It is like a night owl with the vision it gives. I bought one, and I am extremely grateful for how it makes my night ride more comfortable. This is one of the most unfailing rechargeable bike lights due to its smart charging technology, allowing it to run for more than two hours on high mode.
I also love its daytime version. As a busy worker, I have no time for exercise. That’s why I often pedal my way to my work for a little workout. Thanks to these lights that are also compatible with daily use, I can avoid daytime accidents. It comes with a specially engineered lens that keeps me safe.
Plus, it is also easy to assemble. This feature helps me a lot, especially that I have no time for tedious installments. The easy installation of this light is due to its universal fit. It attaches itself to my bicycle in no time. This one is also lightweight and waterproof. That’s why I love to bring it even on a rainy ride.
3. ASCHER Ultra Bright Lights Set
Take your quests to a whole new level with ASCHER’s bicycle lights set. Among all the items I tried, this one stays true to its words. I love its advanced design with five LED chips in the front light to ensure clear vision. Plus, I am certain that you will love the lithium batteries for the rear light.
I want a bicycle light with many flash modes to help with my trip. Thankfully, this one comes with four light options that suit me. The full brightness, half-brightness, fast-flashing, and slow-flashing caters to my needs and makes my trip safer. I am pretty busy most of the time, so I appreciate this light’s easy installation too.
If you want to have a taillight that can serve multiple purposes, this bicycle light is what you are looking for. Both its taillight and front light are very versatile. I tag it along when I go camping, cycling, or hiking up the mountains. I always use it as a flashlight at night or when going to dark places. It makes my trip safer and more convenient.
4. VICTAGEN Front and Rear Bike Lights
This light from VICTAGEN tops the market for being the number one bestseller in bike reflectors. Well, the quality is top-notch, so it is impossible to deny. I tried it on my bike, and its 2400 Lumens deliver an ultra-bright light for safe and horror-free night trips.
Plus, it is also long-lasting. Mine lasted for years, and I don’t even have to bother buying a new battery to make it work. I’m thankful because I can charge it with just the use of a USB port and cord. Another thing that will make you decide that this is the real deal is the IP65 Waterproof feature. I can bring it even in rainy weather.
Another reason for making this one of my favorite city bike lights is the beautiful design. It comes with a flat beam shape that perfectly fits my bike. Other bikers like to join me because my bike light does not blind them. Plus, its universal design gives me little time to install because it easily fits into my bike.
5. BV Bicycle Lights Set
Let me introduce to you the number one bestseller in the bike headlight list. All the features of this bike light prove its worthiness in the rank. It is designed with five LED lights that fully brighten up everything around you. That’s why as a night rider, I love to mount this one of the best bike commuter lights.
It makes me visible over 150 feet away. I’ve tried many LED lights, but this one belongs to my top three best bike lights for night riding. It also provides the right durability that allows it to withstand harsh weather on the path. Whether I am cycling under the sun’s scorching heat or on a rainy day, I can always count on it.
Aside from its good brightness and durability, it is also easy to attach and release. I can do it in a snap. This also applies to the three LED taillights, which are also convenient to adjust. I don’t need tools or help from anyone when installing this bike light. The three-mode lighting also adds more safety to my trips.
6. CYGOLITE Metro Pro Bike Beams
This appears in the best bike headlights reviews. That’s why I understand if you are having a hard time choosing your model. We are now on the sixth item that caught my attention. If you are on a budget but still want the best lights for you and your bike, then CYGOLITE Metro Pro Beams is a good option for you.
When I say that this one is incredibly powerful, trust me. This one lights up a long-range due to its 1,100-lumen power. It also comes with an additional wide beam in a sleek and compact style, which is perfect for your bike’s modern look. It is my favorite thing to tag along when I go off-road or uphill.
Its lighting modes not only come with two or three but nine incredible modes. This feature is not available in other brands, boosting this one to the top. With all those lighting types, you can travel the street freely and safely. It is built to last and live through harsh conditions. I can attest because mine lasted for years.
7. NITERIDER Lumina Bike Light
The light’s brand says it all. If you are a night cyclist and want a good bike light to accompany you, NITERIDER got you covered. All their models are designed to make your nights warm and bright. Check out more features about this bike light that will leave you in awe.
When I first had my long ride with it, I did not have a hard time. It’s all thanks to its simple locking mechanism where I only have to hold the button for 7 seconds to activate or lock it. I also find the low battery indicator useful. It can help me prepare for the time that it was about to shut off.
DuPont fiberglass on this model is made with reinforced nylon housing, ensuring that you will have the most durable item ever. The superior engineering also guarantees that you can safely navigate your path. Aside from the fiberglass, it also comes with a custom aluminum heatsink to keep it optimal.
8. IPSXP 1000 Lumens Bike Headlight
Commuters want to have a reliable item to accompany their trip. That’s why I am glad that IPSXP made this USB-rechargeable LED bicycle light. Before I travel, I only charge it to a USB port for a good three to five hours. It runs for six hours on its highest mode and eighteen hours on the middle mode. It’s enough time to reach my destination.
Even if I bring it off-road, it stays compact and fully-functional. It comes with solid security, especially that it’s IPX5 water-resistant. I rest easy when there’s heavy rainfall while I pedal because I know that it’s unaffected.
For a busy cyclist like me, its easy installation is already a great help. I hate it when assembling a taillight or headlight. Thankfully, this one comes with a quick release and attachment style. I do not need any tools just to install it. Besides that, I can take it to any outdoor activities that I have with my family. It is highly versatile.
9. AUTOBAG Lights Set
It is hard to find a great pair of smart bike lights in the market. Even physical stores and online shops such as Amazon make it challenging for us to look for one. That is why it felt like heaven when I found the AUTOBAG smart sensor headlight. It comes with intelligent illumination that I can easily adjust depending on my preference.
Mountain bikers can stay on the path safely with its powerful front light and taillight. This is made possible with the German advanced technology embedded into this lamp. If you love long hours of run time, this one is for you. It has an integrated 2200mAh lithium battery that further makes my trip brighter than the full moon.
If you’re wondering what other features make this the best commuter bike light, then I thank its four brightness settings that are easy to control. Having complicated light switches can disrupt your focus on the road. Thankfully, this one comes with a user-friendly switch for its flash mode. I can have more focus on what’s ahead of me.
10. NITERIDER Lumina LED Bike Headlight
Another excellent headlight from NITERIDER is the Lumina Dual 1800 Twin Bike Light. It has a daytime visible flash feature that boosts my visibility on the road. I usually see it in cars and motors. So, I never thought that I could witness it on my bike. This one also has a fore lens with side indicators, adding more profile visibility.
The headlight has a low battery indicator, a signature feature of NITERIDER. I find it useful because I can prepare when it runs out of battery, and I can charge it before it does. It is different from other models that give me little to no warning and just die out in the middle of dark, scary roads.
One thing that I can attest to it is the excellent durability. The rugged design and superior engineering make it long-lasting. When I bought this one, I was wondering what makes the batteries quick and easy to charge. Then I found out that it was made of Lithium-ion batteries that are convenient and more efficient.
11. ODISTAR Rechargeable LED Bike Light
After my old bike light died, I looked for anything to replace it. But the attention-seeking features of this one are irresistible, and it did not disappoint me. The two 2 XM-L2 LEDs make anything highly visible, even in intense darkness. I can see everything within 200 yards.
I have been biking for a season now, and I always look for a bike light with different light modes because it is more convenient for old cyclists. I am thankful for its five different light modes or light motion urban style. All of the flashing lights suit my needs and can run for four to twenty hours, depending on my chosen mode.
If you love long travels, then you will like this one. When I bought it, I am thankful because I can now go off-trail without worrying about heavy rains and water splashes. Its IPX-6 water-resistance feature, which is the highest water-resistant level, allows you to rest easy with all your trips, whether it is raining hard or not.
12. YOSKY USB-Rechargeable Bike Light Set
Brighten your way with YOSKY’s bike light set. The front has a super bright light that guarantees safety when riding, even on the darkest alley. It uses two XM-L2 LED beads in the front, which deliver 1000 Lumens. The taillight is also superb. I am thankful because I can stay safe on the road due to its brightness.
It is rechargeable. This feature makes me happy as a nature lover because it lessens waste batteries. I can also save more by not buying replacement batteries. The only thing I need to do is to charge it on a power source using the USB cord provided. The charging is an easy step to follow, even for a busy girl like me.
Another cool feature is the front sensor function that automatically adjusts to the strength of light. I do not have to exert effort in adjusting thanks to this feature. Not only is it easy to charge, but the installation is also a breeze. This versatile taillight and front light easily detaches and attaches in under 15 seconds. I don’t need any tools to do it.
What to Look for When Buying Commuter Bike Lights
Before we go to the features that you should consider before buying, it’s good to know a few terms in this guide. If you’re shopping for one, I’m sure you’ve come across the word Lumen. It is the most usual descriptor you’ll find on lights. So, knowing it is a good place to start.
Keep in mind that the greater lumens a bike light has, the brighter it gets. There is a wide variety of lumen counts in each bike light. Some models begin with as little lumen count as 65, such as the Dayblazer 65, and can go well over 2,000.
Aside from the Dayblazer 65, the Bontrager Ion Pro RT is also a good choice. Type keywords on the web to know more about it. Other terms you should know are the beam angle and the beam pattern.
The beam angle indicates how much brightness comes from the source, whether broad or focused. On the other hand, the beam pattern is how the light exits on its own. Some patterns include the high, full, standard, regular, low, and flash.
You should also know the burn time. It will help you determine how long a light goes from full charge to flat on a certain beam setting. It’s time to know some general info and the best features of this item.
It would be best to have a bright light that works night and day without blinding nearing traffic. One tip to remember if you opt for a bike light with a high lumen count is to ensure to tilt it downwards to avoid it from directly hitting the driver’s eye line and blinding others. Choosing a rechargeable one, like rei bike lights, is also a good option.
Another thing you should consider is mounting. If you’re a busy or a rookie cyclist, having a bike light that easily mounts is a life-changer. There are various types of mounting, so make sure that your bike light is compatible with your bike. Some lights have a rubber strap mount or a Velcro.
Now that you came across all the best commuter bike lights, it’s about time to choose the ideal one for your commute. It is best to have one that comes with the brightest settings and good lumens, as it greatly helps improve your vision in the dark.
Having a high lumen count will also come in handy for people with night blindness that work overtime and go home at night. Aside from that, sturdiness is also an important factor to consider.
- ✔ADVANCED DESIGN: USB rechargeable front and back lights, built in 2000mAh rechargeable lithium battery for Headlight and built in 330mAh...
- ✔FOUR LIGHT MODE OPTIONS: The Headlight and Taillight feature an one-touch switch with four different lighting modes depending on your preference....
- ✔EASY INSTALLATION: The Headlight is equipped with a mounting bracket that can be easily fixed to the handlebar. The silicone mount strap for...
- ✔MUTIFUNCTION: This bike light set is versatile enough for cycling, hiking, camping, or any outdoor activity and can be used as emergency...
- ✔BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Ascher is committed to providing our customers with high quality products, we are dedicated to ensuring your fully...
- ADVANCED DESIGN: USB rechargeable bike light, built in 650mAh rechargeable lithium battery for each light.
- FOUR LIGHT MODE OPTIONS: The Headlight and Taillight feature an one-touch switch with four different lighting modes depending on your preference....
- EASY INSTALLATION: The silicone mount straps are designed with two openings that tightly fit around many size seat posts, handlebars, seat risers,...
- MUTIFUNCTION: This bike light set is versatile enough for cycling, hiking, camping, or any outdoor activity and can be used as emergency flashlight....
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We are committed to providing our customers with high quality products, we are dedicated to ensuring your fully satisfaction....
- Rechargeable with Long-Lasting Performance - A complete cycling safety system featuring a rechargeable headlight and taillight. Fully recharge in less...
- Super Bright Day or Night - The 400 lumen headlight uses the latest LED technology to illuminate your path and keep you visible during both night and...
- Multiple Lighting Modes - Headlight can also double as a handheld flashlight and has 5 versatile lighting modes (High, Medium, Low, Strobe/Blinking w/...
- Easy to Install - Take just seconds to mount without the need for tools, wires, screws, or extra batteries and accessories. In addition to fitting all...
- Weather Resistant and Durable - Rated at IPX4 water resistant, these lights have been built to withstand adverse weather conditions. All-metal body...
- 💡💡💡【3000 Lumens Bike Lights】Switch between 9 modes and 3 brightness by 1 button, You can clearly see the road ahead.
- 🚨🚨🚨【Fog Light + Red Light Mode】Victagen bicycle light has fog light mode and red light mode, allowing you to ride safely on rainy and...
- 🚴🚴🚴【Bike Lights & Power Bank】USB rechargeable bike lights- Bike light with output power bank function, Can charge mobile phones and other...
- 💡💡💡【Endurance + Visibility】Super battery life up to 10 hours, bicycle lights make it visible to motorists over 200 feet away.
- 🎁🎁🎁【Gift Taillights】For bike lights front and back, the longest life of the rear light is 450 hours, The rear brightness will ensure that...
- 🚴【Super Bright Bike Lights Up to 8000 Lumen】This bicycle headlight come with 5 LED, large lithium batteries can runtime 17+ hours, visible...
- 🚴【10 Multifunctional Use Runtime 17 Hours Bike Lights Set】The bike lights front and back set has 10 modes, easy to switch according to...
- 🚴【USB Rechargeable Bike HeadLight & bicycle taillights worth $20.99】 Only takes 2 hours to fully charge ,High-capacity rechargeable battery...
- 🚴【IPX6 Waterproof - Rainproof - Anti-Snow 】The bike headlight made of premium aluminum material which is corrosion resistance to endure rough...
- 🚴【Lifetime Warranty - 365 DAYS REFUND】We are so confident that you will fall in love with our best seller bicycle lights. Please feel free to...
- Waterproof & Lightweight Fabric-- Interior is laminated TPU membrane with 5000mm waterproofing and 3000g/m2/24hr breathability
- Enhanced Breathability-- Ventilation system in the back helps keep you cool and dry. Hem anti-skid prevent jacket rides up
- Reflective Systym-- Reflective stripes and a reflective logo design keep you safe during low-light environment
- 6 Pockets-- One back pocket, one chest pocket, two hand pockets and two inner pockets securely store your items like 5.5" mobile phone
- Big Hood Design-- The hood prevents rain coming into your eyes while raining days. Ideal for cyling, running, hiking, jogging, climbing, camping and...
- Special Features
- Addictive and Easy Controls, Challenging Levels of Extreme Fun in Bike Stunts
- High Quality 3D Graphics, Amazing Gameplay and Tricky Tracks in this bike racing simulator
- Perform Stunts with 4 unique bikes in different tricky path to complete your stunt master dream
- Action packed missions on stunts arena with Full entertaining adventurous bike stunts tricky tracks
- press, Hero (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 102 Pages - 08/01/2022 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Marie, L. Ann (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 386 Pages - 08/06/2021 (Publication Date)
- Daytime visible warning flashing mode:With the special design of flashing pattern, the eye-catching warning flashing mode of FR160 will keep you...
- Wide-angle lens with side visibility:Increase your side visibility when riding through the crossroad.
- Simple and versatile: The light can be mounted between Garmin out-front mounts and computers.
- USB-C charging port:Reversible connector to charge the light easily and no need to flip around looking for the correct orientation; built in red...
- IPX 6 water-resistance design:The light is usable when riding in the rain. (Please make sure the cap of the charging port is securely mounted after...