Wherever you go, having convenience in carrying your essentials is a must. And this is where bike saddle bags come in handy. Unlike a motorcycle, bikes don’t have enough room for our belongings.
But thanks to saddle bags, all your worries will be at bay. And if you are looking for a bike seat bag review, then you have come to the right place.
Today, this guide is going to talk about the best bike saddle bags you to choose from. So sit back, relax, and get your wallets ready as you continue to read on.
Best Bike Saddle Bag Reviews
1. BV Bike Strap-On Saddle Bag
Robust and durable, these two words alone are what describes the BV Classic Bike Strap-On Saddle Bag. Every part of this small saddle bag is well-stitched, the zippers look sturdy, and the overall build is just comfortable to the feel.
This makes it one of the best choices when it comes to comfort and convenience. It’s all about providing you the needed storage without compromising weight and comfort. This one is undoubtedly the best road bike saddle bag.
But what I really love about this one is the reflective tapes on the side. These reflective tapes are perfect for my bike-ride sessions around the neighborhood. And aside from the reflective tapes, this bag is compatible with taillights as well. Lesser accidents, more security! This is also one of the reasons why this is very safe. You don’t have to worry about accidents when you’re with this one.
2. Topeak Aero Wedge Velcro Pack
Want a weather-resistant saddle bag? You can never go wrong with the Topeak Aero Wedge Velcro Pack. This under-seat bicycle bag is designed to be heavy-duty. The build of this bag is made from 1,200-denier Cordura material. This Topeak Aero Wedge Velcro Pack is also one of the reasons why it’s very durable and can withstand tough climates.
This is then paired with a DuPont coating to make the bag weather-resistant. And just like the first one I reviewed above, the Topeak Aero Wedge Velcro Pack also has a reflective tape but was positioned upfront.
Based on my experience, the bag’s design and build screams ‘premium’ despite its affordable price tag. There’s also a thin plastic that is sewn inside the bag for added protection of your belongings. Moreover, the bag’s entire body can be expanded for extra storage.
3. WOTOW Bike Saddle Bag
It’s hard to pick which saddlebag is my favorite. But when talking about convenience, there’s no doubt that I would pick these seat packs. The WOTOW Saddle Bags come with a Bike Repair Tool Kit, making you pay a price of one for two packages.
This bike seat pack is great for people who want to learn how to fix a bike. Because aside from having a saddle bag, the repair kit got you covered in case your bike suddenly broke in the middle of cycling. It’s also very lightweight, making this ideal for road bikes.
The bag itself is made from 600D polyester, which is durable enough to withstand a beating. This saddlebag is also paired with adjustable install straps, making it suitable for every bike. The only downside I noticed is that it doesn’t have reflective tapes just like the previous two I reviewed above.
4. Roswheel Ultralight Bike Saddle Bag
If you want a saddlebag that blends well under your seat, then look no further with the Roswheel Race Series Ultralight Bike Bag. I love the design of this one because it makes the bag look like a part of your bike seat.
This bikepacking saddle bag has three high-quality velcro straps for extra convenience. These velcro straps make it easy to adjust its position according to the shape of your seat. The build is made from tear-resistant PU leather for extra durability.
The rugged material quality of the bag makes it perfect for bike-riding sessions, no matter the weather. I took it for a test run along with my favorite bike, and the experience was amazing. The bag stayed put even when I ran into road bumpers on purpose. It also blends well into whatever environment I’m in. Seems like a bit of camouflage of some sort which I love! On the other hand, the installation and release process can be done at ease.
5. BV Y-Series Strap-On Bike Saddle
Looking for an affordable bike saddle that doesn’t compromise when it comes to features, then say hello to the BV Bicycle Y-Series. This bike saddle is a little bigger than the previous ones listed above. Even the largest variant doesn’t stick out from the seat too much. This makes the bag proportional no matter what kind of bike seat you have.
This is also a reason why it is very convenient whichever kind of riding you do. It works well on road rides, and does great on trail and downhill rides as well. I was amazed by the size of this product so I thought why not try it myself and see what kind of items I can put inside it. And to my surprise, even my 3-foot bike chain fits inside perfectly. I even tried putting my iPhone inside and it does fit as well.
6. Hommie Bicycle Saddle Bag
Bike saddle bag and repair set duos are continually dominating the market in today’s time, and this one is no exception. The Hommie Bicycle Saddle Bag comes with a 16-in-1 toolset for your bike repairing convenience.
But before we get into the tools, let’s discuss what I love about the bag. First off, is the reflective light. Unlike its competitors where the reflective light is only on one side. The thick reflective light of this saddle bag spans around the bag itself including the opening.
Moreover, the reflective strip is so thick that it could light up what’s around your back when cars or motorcycles are near you. Inside the bag is an extra pocket for additional space. Now I can put my iPhone on the main compartment and my earphones on the inner side pocket.
And for the toolset, there is a tire puncture set, tyre levers, and the 16-in-1 swiss-army tools complete with a screwdriver, extension rod, and a solid, spoke, & Allen wrench. Having this toolset that is packaged with the bag is a blessing in disguise. This also makes it very easy to use and install.
Imagine your bike suddenly broke in the middle of the road. So what are you going to do? Grab the pre-packaged toolset and let the fixing begin. It uses velcro straps for the attachments, but this is where I start to find its flaws.
7. Topeak Small Bicycle Saddle Bag
Topeak saddle bags are known for their quality, and the Aero Wedge is no exception. There are plenty of things that you will love in this one. Instead of Velcro straps, Topeak used nylon straps for a much easier strap-on feel.
I was quite surprised with the large opening because it looks spacious when looking inside. So I tested not only my iPhone, but also its charger as well and it fits great! Even the smallest variant of this bag fits a plethora of bike-essentials too. I tested it again by putting my micro-pump, tire levers, spare tube, and bike crank. And they all fit perfectly as long as you arrange them nicely.
The build is made from 1000 denier nylon which is strong enough to block dirt and water from getting inside the bag. There’s also an extra weather-resistant coating applied on the surface too. It’s one of the reasons why this works great for pro and amateur riders alike.
And if you are a biker who loves to seek adventure like me, then this one is a steal! The durable build and weather-resistant capabilities make it a perfect companion for your bike. Who doesn’t love doing mountain biking sessions while your important items stay dry and intact?
8. ROCKBROS Bicycle Saddle Bag
If you want the ultimate durability for your extreme off-road biking sessions, then this is the one you might be looking for. The ROCKBROS Waterproof Bike Bag has a 3D hard shell that acts as a shock absorber.
So just in case you are biking around rocky and perilous paths, rest assured that all your items inside will be safe. And I really love the design of the reflective light strip in this bag. Instead of being slapped on the sides, the light strip outlines the opening of the bag and goes around the back.
When you thought velcro straps are the name for saddle bags, this is where things become different. As I opened the package, I was greeted with stick-up straps and a belt buckle for easy installation.
The straps and belt are like a breath of fresh air from the velcro straps that we usually see in saddle bags. And as of testing, it creates a secure and tight fit under my seat so I have no complaints about this feature.
I tried trail biking while this saddle bag is attached and the experience is worth it. I encountered rock and muddy areas along the way but the bag stayed put. My fellow bikers also noticed the bag and was attracted to it because of the design. Last but not least, the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty for this product, so you can have peace of mind when using it.
9. Ibera Bike Saddle Bag
Style and security, this is what best describes the Ibera Bicycle Water Resistant Saddle Bag. At first glance, I was already hooked by the design of this one. It looks simple and elegant without feeling bulky to the hands.
And for even more style, the bag comes with various colors to choose from. I really like the red color because it looks great. I also tried the blue one too for that cleaner and simplified look.
This bike seat pack may look compact, but I was blown away when I tried to fit multiple stuff inside it. I tried putting in my swiss-army knife, some cash, and bandages. But guess what? They all fit perfectly even with different random arrangements. Also note that this has a water-resistant material which adds protection.
10. evoc Saddle Bag
The evoc saddle bag is as simple as it can get for its price. It doesn’t have the extra bells and whistles of its pricier competitors. This one is just a bag and that’s pretty much. But upon testing, I was shocked at how sturdy it is.
Sure this evoc saddle bag doesn’t have the fancy reflective strips and waterproofing, but every stitch is very well-made. You can see how uniform and tight they are up close. The body is also thick and the space inside is okay for regular use.
I’m digging the default orange color of this under seat bicycle bag. But I wish there were other color variants available too. I can also see where the company cut costs with this one. Aside from no extras such as reflective strips, there were no straps too.
11. Castelli Undersaddle Bag
When I say leather, you got leather. The Castelli saddle bag screams leather from any angle. Upon opening the saddle bag package, I gasped in awe on how professional this one looks.
The entirety of the bag is made from water-resistant leather and cloth combined. I bought the XL size and I already thought that it would protrude on my seat. But I was wrong! Even the XL size feels like a mini, making it a compact companion for your bike.
So what other good stuff can we find in this one? Well, it has an adjustable hook for seat compatibility, a loop attachment strap, and extra pockets inside. Talk about getting the most out of your money! Not to mention, the zipper is also water-resistant too.
Last week, I was having my rainy bike session and I used this bag as my item’s companion. That rain was quite heavy and even soaked the bag; and I haven’t seen any trace of rust on the zippers which are super cool.
12. Fizik Bicycle Saddle Bag
Last but not least, we have the Fizik 00 saddle bag. I find this one super cute because of its egg-shaped body. To be honest, it even feels more like a coin purse than a saddle bag because of the shape alone.
The body has that leathery feel that makes it look premium to hold. However, this seat pack feels different from the usual saddle bags we see from the market. But that doesn’t bother me that much because being unique is the new trend these days.
The material used for this saddle bag is made from thermo-formed classic Microtex. Taking a look on the inside, there is an inner padding that acts as a shock absorber to keep your essentials safe.
And of course, this review won’t be complete without a test drive. So I rode around my neighborhood the other day while having this bag hanging underneath. Upon testing, I was satisfied by the quality and the protection it does for my essentials.
What to Look for When Buying a Bike Saddle Bag
The list I showed above makes it harder for you to choose which one to opt for. So here are some factors you should consider to help you choose right saddle bags.
A bike saddle bag comes in different sizes. Thus, you should choose one that fits well on your bike. Moreover, each size offers you different storage capacity. So the bigger the size, the more items you can put inside it.
However, this is all down to your preference. If you don’t carry a lot of essentials in your bike-riding sessions, then a smaller size will fit you best.
Design also plays a huge role when choosing bike saddlebags. Don’t you just love biking your way to the city with style? Having stylish bike saddlebags gives you that extra confidence.
And of course, make sure that it complements the color of your bike too. Most of these saddlebags come in a default black color. But there are brands out there that give you various color options for you to choose from. Not to mention, some brands love to experiment with saddlebags’ shapes too.
Each company has its own way of integrating features in their saddle bags for extra convenience. What might be useful for others might not be the same for you.
So choose one that has convenient features that you find useful. Be it reflective lights, water-resistant coatings, leather body, or shock-absorbing paddings, you have the freedom to pick which saddle bags fit you the most.
This section connects to the factor above. Because the more features a bike saddle bag has, the pricier it will be. If you have the money to spend, then go for it.
However, you might find one that is loaded with convenient features for a lesser price. This brings us to our last factor below.
This one is a culmination of all the previous factors mentioned above. When choosing the best bike saddle bags, quality is king. Because what’s the point of having convenient features or big sizes if the quality doesn’t exceed your expectations?
So ensure that you inspect the materials used, and what brand it came from before buying. This saves you the trouble of asking for refunds if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
Other Important Factors to Consider
What is a bike saddle bag?
A bike saddle bag is a mini-bag that you put underneath your bike seat. It is used as an easy access storage for your essentials be it your phone, charger, or bike-related things such as a mini-toolset, spare tube, or a patch kit for example.
With your bike tools inside, you can repair your bike on the spot just in case accidents unexpectedly happen. It also saves you money from going to a nearby bike repair shop when you can do it all by yourself with your tools in hand.
How does it work?
It works by hanging, strapping, or clipping the saddle bag under the seat. Once done, put your items inside the bag before you ride off. Ensure that the bag is tightly strapped and secure. Doing so gives you peace of mind that all your items are safe inside the bag while biking.
Pro tip: If you have multiple bikes, it is best to purchase a specialized saddle bag for each of them in different sizes. This avoids the hassle of attaching and detaching the bags in case you want to use another bike. Not to mention, the more saddlebags you have, the more storage you can get.
What are the different types of bike saddlebags?
Bike saddlebags come in different variants. There are simple affordable ones, and others that come with waterproofing for extreme uses. But the best one is those bike saddle bags that have a pre-packaged bike toolset.
Considering that saddlebags are mainly used for storing bike tools, having a pre-packaged toolset is a must. Not to mention, purchasing that variant is also a bang for your buck. Not only you get a high-quality saddle bag, but also bike tools in case you don’t have any.
Why do you cycle with a saddle bag?
A saddle bag gives you extra storage for your items when you don’t have enough space on your backpack. It is mainly used to store bike tools to save you from the hassle of getting it from your garage.
But it can also be used for your adventures. If you are a biker who loves to ride around trails and mountain tracks, bike saddlebags can be your best friend. You can put your flashlight, charger, and even your phone as you venture into these perilous paths.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most trusted bike saddle bag brands?
Topeak, Fizik, ROCKBROS, BV and Ortlieb saddle bags are the most trusted bike saddle bag brands as of late. The quality of their bike saddlebags is a must-buy. Not to mention, they are unique in their own way too.
For example, Fizik has an egg-shaped saddle bag, BV has a durable build, ROCKBROS has waterproofing, and Topeak saddle bag has an expandable body just to name a few. But this all boils down to what features you want for a saddle bag.
What should go in a saddle bag?
Although saddle bags are mainly used as a bike toolkit storage, you can put your other necessities inside too. This can be your phone, wallet, charger, and the like. You have the freedom to use your saddle bags in whatever way you want.
However, if you are a savage biker that is often caught in accidents, then use your saddle bags to store bike tools. This lets you repair your bike without having to go to biking shops. Aside from tools, don’t forget to bring in tyre levers, patch kit, spare tube, and a tire boot.
How do you put a saddle bag on a bike?
There are different ways that you can install saddle bags on bikes. This depends on what the manufacturer stitches on the bag as an attachment. If the bag comes with a stretchable velcro strap, then stretch and hang it on the seat’s prongs.
If it comes with a belt-like strap, then hang it just like using a belt where you can adjust its tightness. If it comes with a clip, clip it to the bike seat’s prongs and make sure that it is tight and secure. Whatever the installation style is, ensure that the bag stays put while you ride along.
How to clean and care for a saddle bag?
Clean your saddlebag once a week via hand washing. Use non-abrasive detergent to avoid damaging the fabric. Gently scrub the saddlebag using your hands or a brush.
You can also soak the saddlebag overnight so everything will look and feel clean inside and out. Avoid using machine wash as it can damage the fabric and the clips, straps, and taillight hanger of the saddlebag.
How do I know if a saddle bag fits on my bike?
Each saddle bag has different sizes. So pick one that is suitable for the size of your bike seat. Choose one that doesn’t protrude too much outside the seat to ensure safety.
Saddlebags that stick out too much from the bike seat are prone to burglars. Picture yourself stuck in traffic and the biker behind you tries to open your saddle bag because it is easy to reach.
My saddle bag attachments broke, what should I do?
You can stitch it up again as a temporary workaround. However, it’s best to contact the manufacturer immediately if it is still covered in your warranty. If not, then it’s time to buy another bike saddle bag that is better in terms of quality.
What voids the warranty of a saddle bag if I already bought it?
There are various ways that a warranty can be void. But the most crucial one is doing alterations on the saddlebag that the manufacturer doesn’t allow. So always take care of your saddlebag and use it as the company intended it to be.
With many bike saddle bags available in the market, choosing which one suits best for you is not an easy task. But we hope this guide helped you out in picking the best bike saddle bags. Not only does this make your riding easier, but it also makes your bike rides more convenient. So what are you waiting for? Time to shop for saddlebags today.
- For a safety ride - 3M Scotchlite reflective trim & Taillight hanger
- Perfect size for all your essential items with Mesh pocket and key clip
- Strap-on mounting design makes bag be secured in place
- Large & Medium can expand for more capacity need
- Great quality guaranrtee & limited product warranty included
- DURABLE MATERIAL & SOLID SHAPE: Our bike saddle bag made of PU fabric and diamond grid scratch-resistant rubber material which is more durable,...
- 1.5L LARGE CAPACITY: Ideal capacity for 1.5L and dimension is 16.5*9.6*8.4cm(6.5*3.8*3.3inch) this bike under seat bag can meet your daily need and...
- REFLECTIVE DESIGN: Reflective ROCKBROS LOGO on the back and reflective strap on two side of the seat bag to increase night visibility while night...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Only need two steps to install successfully, 2 install straps simplify mount system, one strap around two side is for fastening the...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Our friendly customer service: any questions during using pls feel free to contact us, this cycling storage bag is also a great...
- Check the size to meet your needs before place the order. This Saddle bag made with tear-resistance jacquard cloth, PU leather and PVC, stylish,...
- Designed for speed, streamline aerodynamic Contour, minimize the air and wind resistant.
- Adopt ultralight Fabric, 30% lighter than the same thick polyester materials.
- Easy installation and quick release, fixed securely with 3 quality Velcro straps, Fits most road, mountain and commute bike
- Easy installation and quick release, fixed securely with 3 quality Velcro straps, Fits most road, mountain and commute bike.
- Water Resistant - Support for Width Less Than 4.7 inches Bike Rack. This cycling pannier bag is made of 600D Oxford fabric with waterproof PVC Layer....
- Large Capacity - Kemimoto bike trunk bag’s total volume up to 30L. Includes 2 main compartments for each bag. Plus the 2 pockets on the outside,...
- Double System Fasteners - There are 4 strong straps. The front and rear straps attached to rack perfectly. With extra 2 side hooks, you wouldn’t...
- Obtuse Angle Design - Obtuse angle design for two side bag ensures enough pedaling space. Wouldn't hitting heel while riding. Providing you with a...
- Built in Panel - Built with PP panel has a strong shaping ability to prevent the bike saddlebags from deforming or collapsing. The hard PP panel...
- 【Large Capacity】: Large capacity, meets all you cycling need. Large capacity for store many items such as small repair tools, taillight, gloves,...
- 【Hard Shell Surface】: Made of high quality EVA material, the surface of the saddle bag feels textured and lustrous. You can really feel the...
- 【Buckle Install】: The quick release clip of the cycling saddle bag not only provides excellent stability but also ensure the bike bag can be...
- 【Safe Design】: There is a taillight hook on the back of the bicycle storage bag for hanging taillight (TAILLIGHT NOT INCLUDED). With silver...
- 【Easy to Install】: Stable sitting bow bracket, there are two screws and one hexagon wrench to help install the bicycle seat bag. Buckle design,...
- ★IDEAL CAPACITY: 0.73 liter capacity, perfect for holding daily essentials. Bike Bag under seat is roomy for gas cylinder, tube, tools and...
- ★STRAP-ON DESIGN: Upgraded stylish design bike saddle bag. Concise style, better material, perfect size. Fixed securely with 2 strap, the straps fit...
- ★WATER RESISTANT: The bike saddle bag is made of black carbon textured fabric and is water resistant, durable and lightweight. Mud and sewage can be...
- ★REFLECTIVE DESIGN: The both sides of this water resistant saddle bag have reflective logos to increase night visibility in low light or dark...
- ★EASY ATTACH ON & REMOVE: This pack is the perfect size, aero and has two strap that wrap around your aero seat post. And it can hugs the seat very...
- Great Construction: ROCKBROS bike seat bag adopts high quality material. As a attractive and handy seat bag, overall shape is solid and not loose....
- Large Capacity: This bike seat storage bag has plenty of room to fit your cycling essentials, such as a mini inflator, spare tube, tire levers,...
- Highlight Reflection: High reflective straps on the back and side, increase night visibility during cycling at night. It will be more safer for you at...
- Easy to Install: Magic straps are attached to seat post, stably to resist shake during riding. It can also be tailored appropriately to fit your bike...
- Suitable for Most Bikes: Rear opening is easy and well positioned. Double zippers make opening bigger and easier, easy to store the basics. Stitching...
- Easy installation: tool free installation, fixed securely with 1 Velcro strap and 2 buckles with adjustable straps.
- Safety: reflective logo, all-around reflective strips and taillight loop add better visibility in low light.
- Capacity: 1.2 Liters volume, inside has a mesh pocket. A perfect cycling bag for holding essentials, small biking accessories, spare tube,...
- Materials: 600D polyester and PU leather, solid, durable and easy to clean.
- Size: 5.9(L)x2.95(W)x4.13(H)inches
- Exterior | The Silca Mattone bicycle seat bag has a sleek black finish with reflective graphics that allow the bike seat bag to virtually disappear...
- Interior | The Mattone bicycle saddle bag has hi-contrast red material with separate ID, credit card or money flap that covers any pro bike tool...
- Volume | The Mattone bicycle saddle bag holds one inner tube, one CO2 cartridge, SILCA bike tire levers set, CO2 regulator head, credit card/ID, and...
- Attachment | Mattone bicycle bags has BOA Closure System with open guide release on Hypalon retaining strap allow for easy installation over the seat...
- Zipper | YKK Aquaguard zipper is the top of the line in waterproof bag zippers that blends nicely with the overall design of the bike bags and allows...
- SPECIAL SHAPE and UPGRADE STRAPS:3D shell saddle bag with wave cushion provides inside shock resistant protection if fell out.Upgrade straps make up...
- RAINPROOF:Waterproof fabric with taped zipper for rain.Do not soak this seat bag in the water for a long time( stitches are not waterproof )
- EASY TO INSTALL:2 stickup straps and a rubber buckle simplify mount system.Moreover , it keeps bag securely attach to seat post
- NIGHT VISIBILITY:Reflective strap around the seat bag to increase night visibility while night cycling.Taillight hook compact space on the seat post (...
- QUALITY GUARANRTEE and friendly customer service. Any questions during using contract RockBros Bicycle with pictures.ARTISTIC:Delicate details- mesh...