Do you love the idea of taking a break from the busy life and go on a long road trip? Your bicycle is going to be your best companion on this journey. However, to make the ride extra comfortable and convenient, bringing a saddle bag would be a great idea.
There are many saddle bags available for you to choose from, but only a few stand out from the rest. If you want to make the most out of your purchase, then going for the best mountain bike saddle bag should be a priority.
Here is a mountain bike saddle bags review that can help you pick up the top one to fill your needs. Take the time to read the rest of this article to get a heads-up about the best mountain bike seat bag that will give home for your essential travel belongings.
Top Picks of 2022
1. ROCKBROS Bike Saddle Seat Bag
This product from ROCKBROS is one of the top mountain bike bags in this review, and let me tell you why it deserves to be in this spot.
When talking about benefits, mountain bike storage bags like this are perfect for my average needs. This is a large saddle bag containing enough compartments that give ample room for all my travel essentials.
I consider this the best mtb saddle bag because I am assured that all my belongings are safe on the road. Each compartment of the product has zippers that do not easily slip off even when the compartment is full.
One thing that I look for in seat bags for mountain bike is an ability to give me comfort when in actual use. This product just passed my expectations, and it does not even get in the way when I am riding.
This mountain bike seat pack is exceptional for its intended purpose. If you unexpectedly reach a very muddy road, the zippers of this tool will free your belongings from splashes. Its durable material will also prevent the bag from scratch and being worn out due to unexpected tree branches that might get in the way.
If you own a mountain bike tool bag before, you would be surprised to find that this is a step ahead of almost any brand. It’s easy to install and assemble, which is perfect if you want to save more time.
2. Rhino Walk RH550 Bicycle Saddle Bag
If you want a mountain bike bag that can fit your most essential bikepacking belongings, then the Rhino Walk RH550 Waterproof Bicycle Saddle Bag is the right fit for you. Take a look at how this mountain bike frame bag is an ideal option.
I am the type of buyer who wants to pay for mountain bike pouches that give me back nothing but premium quality. This product just exceeded my expectations. This dropper post saddle bag is large enough in size that it allows me to bring more than the essentials.
If you plan to go on a long trip where you need a place to camp for the night, this bag can handle your most needed items for this adventure. I also have fewer worries about the ever-changing weather because this mountain bike frame bag secures my stuff from both the dry and wet seasons.
The straps are even so intuitive that I have fewer worries when it comes to security. Its durable material can also hold up on muddy and rocky roads. This mtb saddle bag for dropper post does not slip or shake because its durable straps keep it attached securely to the frames and racks.
It is so easy to install and attach on the rails of the backseat. The bag is relatively affordable, yet its quality is as good as the other expensive brands.
3. NDakter Bike Bag
The NDakter Bike bag is the ultimate convenient choice for all your bikepacking needs. Here’s why I highly recommend this for every bikepacker out there.
I love bags that are small and compact but can fit all my essentials well. This bag has the ideal size for my preference, and I fell in love with it instantly.
I love going on long rides for both adventure and fun with my mountain bike, whether in rain or shine. This bike saddle bag is made with a durable material that protects my essential things from getting steeped in the rain.
Because of its perfect size, I could easily and conveniently carry all the things I needed for the trip. The product comes with three Velcro straps that are securely attached to the fabric of the bag. This kind of strap material is what you need to have a secure riding experience.
In addition to the straps’ benefits, I did not have a problem riding through bumpy roads because it holds the bag firmly on the bike. It does not even interfere with pedaling, which makes it safe to use on the roads.
I expected so much from the advertisement, and it arrived to meet all my expectations. The bag is worth my money.
4. ICOCOPRO Bike Saddle Bag
If you are frustrated with bags that do not provide a proper storage system for all your belongings, then it is time to switch to the ICOCOPRO Bike Saddle Bag.
I was searching for bikepacking bags like an evoc saddle bag and a rapha saddle bag when I came across this brand. And from that moment, I was filled with fewer regrets. Let me tell you why.
As a cyclist, I do not want anything that can add too much weight to my bike as I hit the road. This product provides me with just the right amount of weight because of its light and compact build. It is enough to accommodate all the things that I needed to carry with me on my backpacking journey.
Its premium and solid build gave me a good first impression, and for sure, it will last. The main highlight and benefit that people could get from the price they pay for this product is its high-quality storage system. I am always in a great mood when I am using this bag because I can see that all my essentials are stored organizationally inside.
It is super sturdy and holds firmly to the rail of my bike. The best thing is that you can get all these conveniences and benefits for a fairly reasonable price.
The bag is also waterproof, so your things are safe from the rain and splashes of mud.
5. Ryhpez Bike Saddle Bag
If you are looking for the right bag that can support all your riding supplies, I highly recommend going for the Rhypez Bike Saddle Bag.
I love how the bag perfectly matches the color scheme of my bicycle. It looks basic yet stylish, and it made me stand out on the road. Its perfect and durable design is a total plus to the excellent quality of the product.
The size of the bag is just perfect for average and minimal use. It is not too big or too small, which is ideal if you want a more compact design. This cycling tool does not even get in the way when I am pedaling.
The product also comes with a waterproof and weatherproof design. I have been to multiple places where the weather and season shifts from being rainy to sunny, yet all my material possessions remain safe and dry inside the bag.
It holds firmly on the seat of my bike. I have fewer headaches and anxiety when I go on rough roads because it sits sturdily on its place. The zipper design adds security for all my items because it is built to hold everything with care. The bag’s interior has enough room to carry my essential goods such as phone, wallet, and keys.
6. Opamoo Bicycle Frame Bag
Mountain biking is not just an adventurous hobby, but it is also a great way to improve your physical and mental health as well. To make it extra fun, you will need a bicycle saddle bag like the Opamoo Bike Bicycle Triangle Frame Bag for all your material items.
There are a good number of reasons why I highly recommend this bag for every cyclist who wants to get the most out of their riding experience. In this review, I will enlighten you about all the benefits you can get from this product.
I love how there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the build and design of this bag. It acts as a perfect storage system for all my personal belongings. It is an ideal and inexpensive choice if you aim for a high-quality cycling product.
The bag has a longer design, which allows me to fit extra stuff with security. With this amount of room, I can carry chopsticks, small water bottles, and first aid items. Its build fits well with the frame of my bike. It holds firmly on the seat, and the zippers are designed to give my possessions the kind of protection they all need.
7. Roswheel Bike Saddle Bag
Roswheel Race Series 131432 Ultralight Bike Saddle Bag Bicycle lives up to the brand’s mission to provide first-class equipment for biking enthusiasts. This product is a perfect travel companion if you want to go on an adventure.
I love everything about this item, especially how it works perfectly well with my travel needs.
I always wanted to have a minimalist saddle bag, and this product is the perfect match for me. Its design is simple and compact but gives a generous room for my emergency kit and important tools in case I face some technical problems on the road. It is always better to carry tools that can help me fix some issues if I am stranded in a place that’s away from a repair shop.
Its design can withstand different outdoor conditions, which provides me with a sense of security, especially when the weather randomly changes from one to the other. It’s the perfect tight fit that does not look like I carry a huge bulk on the backseat of my bike.
The proportions of the bag are narrow and long, which is perfect for extra storage. The Velcro straps are also strong and thick enough to fit securely under the saddle.
8. StyleZ Bicycle Saddle Seat Bag
If you are looking for a bag that can best fit your tight budget, then the StyleZ Bicycle Saddle Seat Bag might be the one for you. Even though it is way less expensive than many options, this product still deserves a spot on this list; let me unpack all the reasons why.
When searching for the best saddle bag, I always aim for a high-quality one. I am skeptical about products that offer a friendly price, yet this one captured my attention. This small seat bag is almost everything that I need for my cycling necessity.
Its very compact design can fit so well under the seat of my mountain bike. You can easily clip this item on the tube of your bicycle. I had not encountered any problems with it when I was trying to install the product.
Its triangular shape adds up to its length, thus making extra room to fit more stuff comfortably.
The construction of the bag is enough for minimal use. It is sturdy and durable for its price. It is not heavy to carry with you, especially if you decide to take a break off from your bike and go on to a convenience store to purchase some snacks.
9. ROCKBROS Bike Saddle Bag
For years, ROCKBROS has produced excellent quality bags for cycling enthusiasts. This ROCKBROS Bike Saddle Bag is no exception to their best collections.
I am always in the search for things that offer convenience and security. This product delivers those things without giving me a headache. During my first use, I flawlessly installed this item on my bike seat in little time. The angled zipper is also convenient because it gives me easy access to things that I want to pick up from the bag.
The bag is large enough to hold stuff that I need to carry with me on my trip. This saddle bag almost takes a jersey pocket range because I have fitted all of my essentials in this item.
It performs as a great storage unit, and it’s not bulky under my bike seat. I can ride comfortably without feeling a sense of heaviness and hassle because of its compact design. It is just so comfortable to carry anywhere.
The straps are strong to hold on to the tube of the back seat. The bag is even waterproof, and I have no issues keeping my stuff dry with this amazing feature.
The interior and exterior pockets of the product will keep your essentials organized.
10. PDEEY Bike Saddle Bag
The journey on the road can be full of unexpected experiences that might cause damage to your cycling bag. So, the PDEEY Bike Saddle Bag is here to save you from those bad moments with its beneficial features. Let us unveil them one by one.
This is one of my favorite purchases as a full-time cyclist. I am a huge fan of bags that keep me organized and in the system, especially during stressful times on the road. This product came with well-designed pockets and compartments for all my belongings.
I got caught in a huge rain while I was in the middle of a ride. However, the waterproof material of the bag prevented my things from getting all soaked up. Everything inside remained dry and in good condition after the rain stopped.
There are also those moments where I would get caught up in a narrow road where the trees’ branches can reach the fabric of my saddle bag. Thankfully, the brand provides tear-resistant material that allows me to feel more security in situations like this. This is truly a great value because it keeps my possessions safe.
The bag is so easy to mount and remove from the seat of my mountain bike. Whenever I want to take a break from the road and enter a convenience store, I could easily bring this product wherever I go and install it whenever I want in little time.
11. WOTOW Bike Saddle Bag
This heavy-duty WOTOW Bike Saddle Bag is one of the best that the market can offer to the consumers. It provides nothing but convenience and meticulousness for your cycling needs.
I needed an extra saddle bag with a bigger storage capacity, and this one passed my expectations. This product allows me to fit more than just the essentials. With proper organization and a systematic strategy, I was able to include even my bike emergency kit.
The bag comes with three sturdy and good-quality Velcro straps that perfectly hold on to the mountain bike seat. I have not encountered any issues while installing the straps of the bag. They have a tight grip, making me feel so secured while driving on all types of roads.
This product is well-designed and constructed, and I applaud its waterproof fabric and zippers. Rain and mud splashes could not get through the insides of the bag. Therefore all of my belongings remained dry and safe.
In terms of how it looks, this bag is so sleek. It never gets and looks bulky at all, even if I fill it with a lot of stuff. That is why I highly recommend this if you want to go on long hours and days of cycling trips.
12. SpeedSleev Bike Saddle Bag
There are a couple of things that you should invest in if you are a cyclist. One of the purchases that you can have is the SpeedSleev Ranger Cycling Adventure pack saddle bag for your essentials.
I had the best experience in the entire duration of using this saddle bag. This product holds my essentials in a way that keeps them all safe and well-organized.
This bag firmly sits right below the saddle, and everything it carries is compact within its good-quality interior design. Even if I bring my emergency tool kit, I would still have enough extra room for my phone, wallet, and other small things that I need for my travel time.
One of the best things about this bag is that it is easy to mount and install on the tube of my bike seat. It fits so well that it does not move and sway while I am on the road. It is a nice snug fit under the seat of my mountain bike.
Due to its compact and sturdy design, it feels so nice to ride my bike without having to worry about my saddle bag bouncing with every roll of the wheel. It can even withstand random and extreme acceleration on rough and steep slopes. This is truly a small but extraordinary item.
What to Look for When Buying Mountain Bike Saddle Bags
Whether you want to go on long trips or not, it is important to choose a saddle bag that would provide you with the best quality and reliability for long-term use. Here are the top features that you should check before you add something to your cart.
- You need to look for a saddle bag that has a good adjustability feature. Lengths of the strap and elasticity of the fabric of the saddlebag can make or break your entire experience. Choose one that allows you to use it in the right size and length that will perfectly suit your needs.
- You also need to choose one that has a great accessibility feature. You should have ease of access when you want to get an essential item from your saddlebag. To find the right one, make sure that you go through a full check on the zippers and the organizational design of the pockets and compartments.
- A water-resistant and tear-resistant bag is also the best one to have for every cycling enthusiast. The road journey is unpredictable and you are going to face obstacles along the way, such as the rain and random twigs and branches from narrow roads. So, your saddlebag must be a shield for itself at any season.
How to Attach Saddle Bag to Mountain Bike
Are you tired of filling up your pocket with phones and other essentials while on the road? Are you fed up with carrying a backpack that gives you pain while you make your way to your daily destination? Wherever your bicycle may take you, it is important to keep your things secured while making yourself comfortable.
This is the mission of brands that produce saddlebags for every cyclist like you out there. But, to make that happen, you need to know first how to attach a saddle bag to a mountain bike.
- The first thing you have to do is prepare all the necessary equipment and materials that you will need for this task. Get your mountain bike ready, your saddlebag, and all the mount hardware.
- Almost all saddlebags have a quick-clip attachment feature. To get the most out of it, you will need to align first the mounting hardware on the rail of the saddle. Once it is done, you have to lock it using a 5mm bolt. Clamping both sides of the rail of the saddle will provide extra security.
- Make sure that all the bolts are tightened and locked correctly before you proceed to the next step.
- Once everything is already set up, you can now get the saddlebag. Then, start clipping the bag on the prongs and then wait for it to click. After you heard the clicking sound, that’s a sign that you are good to go.
- Double-check everything before you take on the road to ensure that your things and other valuables are secured.
- After that, you can now continue loading up the bag with all your essentials and bring them on the road.
Can You Use a Saddle Bag With a Dropper Post
Can you use a saddle bag with a dropper post? Yes, it is doable. There are a lot of benefits if you use your cycling bag with a dropper post. However, there are some restrictions to this idea, especially things concerning the safety of the rider. In this part of the article, let us explore all the things that you need to know about this very interesting topic.
Advantages of using a saddle bag with a dropper post:
- Using a dropper post can help improve your riding experience because it can remove your saddlebag bugging presence while you are pedaling.
- It can help the cyclist and his/her mountain bike adapt faster to the varying and changing terrain.
- Cyclists will be more comfortable because they will have more than enough space to move. This will make their time more efficient. Therefore, moving on a descending road will feel safer than how it was before.
- Using a dropper post will also help them feel more comfortable making their way through high areas and roads. A dropper post is a beneficial tool for easier climbing.
To get all these advantages, you need to choose a kind of dropper post that is reliable and safe for use.
- You need to look for one with enough strength to carry your weight and strong enough for long miles of travel.
- It is also better to look for one that can easily be adjusted if you are feeling uncomfortable with its length.
- You then have to be extra careful in using it. You can do it by keeping yourself educated with all the safety measures that you need to maintain while using this tool.
Knowing the best mountain bike saddle bag is a must for every cycling enthusiast out there. With all the information you have gained in this article, I think you are now ready to purchase your next favorite biking item. Do extra research on the saddlebag that you want to buy to make sure you invest your money in the right gear.
Assess your needs, your style, and your mountain bike before you make an actual decision. Make sure that it adds value to yourself. Choose a saddlebag that can be your best companion wherever the wheels may take you.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- SPECIAL SHAPE and UPGRADE STRAPS:3D shell saddle bag with wave cushion provides inside shock resistant protection if fell out.Upgrade straps make up...
- RAINPROOF:Waterproof fabric with taped zipper for rain.Do not soak this seat bag in the water for a long time( stitches are not waterproof )
- EASY TO INSTALL:2 stickup straps and a rubber buckle simplify mount system.Moreover , it keeps bag securely attach to seat post
- NIGHT VISIBILITY:Reflective strap around the seat bag to increase night visibility while night cycling.Taillight hook compact space on the seat post (...
- QUALITY GUARANRTEE and friendly customer service. Any questions during using contract RockBros Bicycle with pictures.ARTISTIC:Delicate details- mesh...
- DURABLE MATERIAL & SOLID SHAPE: Our bike saddle bag made of PU fabric and diamond grid scratch-resistant rubber material which is more durable,...
- 1.5L LARGE CAPACITY: Ideal capacity for 1.5L and dimension is 16.5*9.6*8.4cm(6.5*3.8*3.3inch) this bike under seat bag can meet your daily need and...
- REFLECTIVE DESIGN: Reflective ROCKBROS LOGO on the back and reflective strap on two side of the seat bag to increase night visibility while night...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Only need two steps to install successfully, 2 install straps simplify mount system, one strap around two side is for fastening the...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Our friendly customer service: any questions during using pls feel free to contact us, this cycling storage bag is also a great...
- 【Large Capacity】: Large capacity, meets all you cycling need. Large capacity for store many items such as small repair tools, taillight, gloves,...
- 【Hard Shell Surface】: Made of high quality EVA material, the surface of the saddle bag feels textured and lustrous. You can really feel the...
- 【Buckle Install】: The quick release clip of the cycling saddle bag not only provides excellent stability but also ensure the bike bag can be...
- 【Safe Design】: There is a taillight hook on the back of the bicycle storage bag for hanging taillight (TAILLIGHT NOT INCLUDED). With silver...
- 【Easy to Install】: Stable sitting bow bracket, there are two screws and one hexagon wrench to help install the bicycle seat bag. Buckle design,...
- ★IDEAL CAPACITY: 0.73 liter capacity, perfect for holding daily essentials. Bike Bag under seat is roomy for gas cylinder, tube, tools and...
- ★STRAP-ON DESIGN: Upgraded stylish design bike saddle bag. Concise style, better material, perfect size. Fixed securely with 2 strap, the straps fit...
- ★WATER RESISTANT: The bike saddle bag is made of black carbon textured fabric and is water resistant, durable and lightweight. Mud and sewage can be...
- ★REFLECTIVE DESIGN: The both sides of this water resistant saddle bag have reflective logos to increase night visibility in low light or dark...
- ★EASY ATTACH ON & REMOVE: This pack is the perfect size, aero and has two strap that wrap around your aero seat post. And it can hugs the seat very...
- Upgraded Buckle&Quick Release: ROCKBROS bike seat bag contains a upgraded secure buckle. Unique buckle design allows you to install and remove the...
- Large Magic Strap: Large-area magic strap reduces friction between seat bag and seat post. Wide strap also add stability and make the seat pouch less...
- Tightly Fixed & Great Stability: Fixed buckle ensures the bike bag will not vibrate in vertical directions, and large magic strap controls shake. Even...
- Durable&Easy to Clean: Made of quality material, this saddle bag has perfect durability and protect your items inside safely when facing light bump...
- Suitable for Most Bikes: Suitable for most mountain/road/city bikes, the saddle storage bag opens from back and drops down, big enough to hold your...
- For a safety ride - 3M Scotchlite reflective trim & Taillight hanger
- Perfect size for all your essential items with Mesh pocket and key clip
- Strap-on mounting design makes bag be secured in place
- Large & Medium can expand for more capacity need
- Great quality guaranrtee & limited product warranty included
- ADJUSTABLE & FOLDABLE: Bikepacking bag maximum capacity 14L. Easy to hold your tools and short distance items. Roll-top closure design adjust the...
- WATERPROOF & EASY TO CLEAN: Composite 3 layer bike bag is waterproof. INNOVATIVE material made this large bike saddle bag so that dirt or mud can be...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Fixed buckle with straps secure hold your bag under seat. No tools needed suitable for variety bikes, road bike, mountain bike, dirt...
- REFLECTIVE straps increase your night visibility during night cycling. Bike Saddle bag can be used as FENDER if rains heavily reduce the muddy water...
- Product Dimensions: Build in steel around the using panel keep the bag stay in shape and protect items from extrusion. Enjoy your cycling journey no...