Most guys ride their bikes without second thoughts. It leaves a minimal carbon footprint, it’s a cost-efficient transport, and you get to keep your body fit. What’s there to think about? Still, you can’t help but wonder, does cycling for a long time put some significant stress on your balls? Will it affect you in the future?
This has been one of the oldest rumors out there. Unfortunately, it’s safe to say that cycling can lead to some adverse effects, especially when it’s done improperly.
My reviews on the best bike seat for your balls will help you get this thought out of your system as I provide you with a fine selection of bike seat models designed to help you sit comfortably. So now, let’s keep your family jewels as safe and secure as it can be!
Best Bike Seat for Your Balls Reviews
1. TONBUX Bicycle Seat
My first recommendation is the comfortable TONBUX Bike Seat – a model featuring a slick, abrasion-resistant, microfiber synthetic leather cover. On another note, the pad found on the rear part is marked with smooth and round edges, resulting in extra shock-absorption properties.
Moreover, the front part is long and narrow for comfortable sitting. There is a hollow space in the middle that serves as a vent for the airflow, promoting continuous air circulation. Such a design will help disperse the heat so you can keep your backside dry and cool while cycling.
At the back of the seat, two durable shock-absorption balls are resistant to wear, water, and heat. Although these shock-absorbing balls are tough, they are also surprisingly flexible and elastic. Hence, it was able to absorb the shock from my bumpy rides. Thus, I was able to enjoy my rides, no matter how bumpy it goes.
It’s also worth mentioning that this model is Universal, meaning it fits most bike types. From my experience, the installation was not challenging at all. In truth, the package comes with a mounting wrench to help you with the process.
2. OXYVAN Bike Seat
My next recommendation is the durable OXYVAN Bike Seat. This model features a polyurethane leather surface, making it abrasion-resistant and weatherproof.
Hence, you can ride your bike on any occasion, and it will still be fine when left outside. If you want to ride your bike after getting soaked in the rain, a quick wipe will do the trick.
You may also notice that it has the same ergonomic design as the previous model. In truth, this bike seat boasts a small and narrow build. Its edges are round and wide, and there’s a hollow space in the middle to make way for air circulation.
Besides, the interior is filled with memory foam, which is very dense and solid. So although it’s resistant to most damage, it still manages to provide elastic properties. That means the memory foam will always come back to its original shape, even after a long period of biking.
The highest concentration of memory foam is at the backmost part, where your buttocks endure the most pressure. The back part is also where you can find the shock-absorption rubber balls. This time, the rubber ball is implanted with a sprint to provide a greater cushioning effect while still being stable.
I should also mention that it’s a universal fit, so it should be suitable for most bike types. I even managed to fit it on a kid’s bike. Plus, it comes with a mounting wrench, so installation should be much easier and quicker.
3. SGODDE Bike Seat
If you want something new, then perhaps the SGODDE Bike Seat would be your best friend. Unlike other models, it’s made of durable polyurethane leather and elastic Polyvinyl Chloride leather. This combination makes it one of the most durable among bike seat models.
As expected, the brand uses memory foam as padding for the bike seat. However, this time, they add polypropylene to make it extra elastic and durable, especially on the bottom part of the bike seat. Besides, there’s a sponge part at the backmost, which is the most elastic and softest part of the seat.
Plus, there are anti-shock and vibration balls inside the model that are made of special elastomers. These are upgraded versions of the same rubber balls you see in a standard bike seat for men. Such upgraded features provide more excellent protection and a stronger cushion effect while maintaining stability.
Another unique thing about this bike seat is the safety LED reflective sticker at the back. This sticker becomes bright enough at night, so you can notify drivers behind you, allowing you to navigate through the dark safely. A battery will come with the package to provide a reliable power source for this LED reflective sticker.
As for its size, the model is 8.2 inches by 10.2 inches. Plus, its clamp has a diameter of 7/8. With these specifications, it’s easy to see that this seat is ideal for various bikes. Also, take note that the seat clamp can be detached for easy installation.
4. ECXTOP Bike Seat
If you’re not fond of flashy designs, I suggest getting the ECXTOP Comfort Bike Seat. It has a simple look and comes in a universal fit that promises a stable sit on any bike. What’s more, they included all the required install parts in the package, such as the Clip Mount Adaptor and Dual Rail Adaptor, so there’s no struggle in the assembling process, even for beginners.
Users can expect memory foam used for comfortable padding, much like with other products. As for its cushion surface, the manufacturer opts for wear-resistant, non-slip Polyvinyl Chloride leather. This material choice results in a soft, comfortable yet durable cushion. This bike seat is also made waterproof and dustproof for good measure.
As always, there are elastic, durable rubber balls under the cushion, although it doesn’t come with spring this time. Nevertheless, the same ergonomic design is akin to the majority of bike seats – the front area is narrow while the center has a hollow space for air to go through.
What make this model stand out is its a reflective backlight tape, unlike other bicycle seats for males. Hence, you can rest assured that the feature can signal others when in the dark.
5. IPOW Bike Seat
Are you tired of your bike seat losing its comfortability factor after a while? I suggest you get the durable IPOW Bike Seat. It’s made of high-grade materials, so it doesn’t degrade easily despite changing weather conditions.
To begin with, its surface is constructed out of leather with heat- and water-resistance. Hence, it’s fine to leave it outside. As for the interior, it’s filled with high-density memory foam that is thick enough to offer extreme comfort for bumpy rides. But, that’s not the only notable thing.
The whole design altogether is efficient. It features a slim front to avoid interrupting your thighs when you’re cycling. They also made the edges wide and round so you don’t slip away from the surface. Such features are designed to make sure you sit comfortably without compromising your ability to cycle.
And at the backmost part of the seat, you’ll see white dots, which should be as bright as a lamp when in the dark, so you can have some light source for biking at night.
Furthermore, IPOW uses high-grade steel to construct the rail clamps. That means not only is it comfortable, it should also be durable enough due to all the high-grade materials. For further convenience for cyclists, the shock-absorption rubber balls are included. As such, you won’t experience as much vibration and shock while on a rough voyage.
The detachable rail clamp mentioned earlier also has a ⅞ diameter, making this model a standard fit for all types of bikes. That’s why the installation is often quick and easy. Plus, you get a mounting wrench with the package to make the chore easier.
6. Prodigen Bike Seat
For this next review, you’ll get to see a different side to bike seats as we take a look at the Prodigen Comfort Gel Bike Seat. The brand indeed put a considerable amount of time into designing the safety options of this bike seat.
Instead of focusing on comfortability, Prodigen upgraded the reflective tape at the back of the seat. So this time, instead of a simple reflective tape, it now offers three light modes so you can be visible from all angles and keep you safe at night.
Now as for the usual bike seat specs, this model has the same ergonomic design as many high-quality products available. It has a contracted, long nose, while the transition to the bottom features wide, round edges. As for the center, it boasts the usual hollow space that serves as an airflow vent to allow for better air circulation.
Its material is similar to the IPOW model – premium artificial leather. Hence, it’s resistant to water, heat, and frost for biking trips to places with harsh weather conditions. This also means you can leave it outside with no worries regarding possible adverse effects.
The padding is memory foam to afford comfort for biking hours on end. And let’s not forget about the anti-shock rubber balls that ensure stability on rough terrains.
As for the installation, the clamp is adjustable and can even fit double rail clamps. So, it’s safe to say that this bike seat will stay put on many bike types. They also added a mounting wrench and other tools to the package so the installation can go more smoothly.
7. ICOCOPRO Bike Seat
Are you looking for a lower-priced yet effective alternative? The ICOCOPRO Bike Seat is among your best choices. Despite being more affordable than its competitors, this bike seat offers the necessary features and provides the desired benefits at no extra cost.
This model comes in the same design as most bike seats. It has a long, slim front so you won’t get interrupted while cycling, a hollow center to allow the air to circulate, and a back with wide, round edges so you can sit comfortably. The manufacturer constructs the product using wear-resistant leather material, so you can use this bike seat for a long time.
Besides, it features rubber ball suspensions designed to absorb shock when you’re in a rough ride. That way, instead of your backside taking all the damage, the vibration and shock are directed to a different direction so you won’t struggle.
Regarding the installation, I can assure that it will end well. The brand makes sure to include a mounting wrench so the task can become surprisingly easier. Plus, the bike seat has dimensions of 10.2 by 8.2 inches so it’s the perfect size for any type of bike. Plus, there’s a removable seat holder so you can take it on and off as you like.
8. G-SADDLES Bike Seat
Another one with quality exceeds my expectations is the durable G-SADDLES Bike Seat. This bike seat model doesn’t have any particular design or quirk, but it’s evident that it’s durable the moment I installed it on my bike.
For one, it has a soft yet durable leather covering and superb stitching. Thus, you can rest assured that this model is going to hold up for quite some time. The padding is filled with thick memory foam, as expected, so sitting on it for a long biking trip is a comfortable experience. The rubber ball suspensions made sure of that.
It should be noted that the leather material is water-resistant and heat-resistant. Hence, leaving your bike seat uncovered under hot sunlight or pouring rain will not affect its performance. So, although it features the same user-friendly design as other models, I can tell that it’s more resistant. Hence, it’ll last far longer than some products.
In reality, the main selling point of this model is the easy installation. The removable rail clamp is easy to manage, so installing it to the bike only took a few minutes. I also appreciate the reflective tape at the back as it provides extra safety, especially for late-night cycling.
9. BLUEWIND Bike Seat
Do you want an assorted bike seat? Then, BLUEWIND Bike Seat might be of interest. This bike seat model comes in different colors and all of them offer great features and benefits.
Like always, let’s start with the cover. This model features microfiber leather which is resistant to scratches and wear, so you can be sure it’s going to last for a long time. It is designed with a smooth texture and round edges to ensure comfort for long-hour cycling.
The design is similar to bike seats you usually see. The front is constricted, so your thighs are not interrupted when cycling. The center is hollow for the air to circulate freely; such a feature comes in handy in hot weather. And the bottom has padding with lots of layers so you can sit comfortably without worrying about hurting all over.
They also added a rubber ball suspension at the back for extra comfort. That way, the shock that you were supposed to receive from rough rides can be diverted. This bike seat function allows cyclists to handle bumpy rides with stability.
Moreover, the package comes with a red reflective sticker at the backmost part of the seat. That way, you can keep safe at night by using this signal light. You can remove it if you want to, but I wouldn’t suggest you do that as it is does not add extra burden to the bike.
Also, note that the installation will be easy since the rail clamp has a standard diameter of ⅞ inches. That means you can install it on most bicycles. So there is no need to worry if this one will fit your bike.
10. GRM Bike Seat
The GRM Bike Seat is the last model, yet it has some excellent features for cycling hobbyists like you and me.
You might notice that the design is pretty similar to most high-quality bike seat for your balls. The front is narrow up to the sides. As you go to the bottom, the sides become rounder and rounder. On the center is a hole that is meant to serve as a place to circulate air.
Notably, the stitching on this model is nicely-done, resulting in a smooth cover and a sleek look for this bike seat. Besides, PVC leather or Polyvinyl Chloride leather is the main material. Hence, the end product is durable yet still elastic, just the perfect texture to make your rides as comfortable as possible.
There is added memory foam for the insides to make it softer. Not to mention, at the back of the bike seat, two shock absorber balls should make trips using this bike a lot more comfortable for you.
Looking at the size of the model, it should fit on most types of bikes. Plus, the package comes with a saddle adapter for users to install the bike seat with minimal effort.
What to Look for When Buying Bike Seat for Your Balls
Figuring out the best bike seat is no easy task. It involves a little bit of trial and error here and there. You don’t just look for a bike seat for big balls. But if you’re dead-set on adding more choices to this list, you might want to consider several factors. Let’s start with what I consider is the most significant factor.
The first thing you need to consider is your cycling style. We have our preferred ways of cycling, but I like to categorize these types into five. The ideal bike seat depends on what style you use.
- Recreational Cycling: If you tend to sit upright while you’re pedaling, the best bike seat for you is one that’s designed for recreational cycling. They are often broader, and sometimes the nose can be a bit shorter than usual.
- Road Cycling: If you often cycle on-road miles, long and narrow bike seats are what you should look for. This type is also applicable to those who often cycle along the road.
- Long-Distance Riding: If you tend to have long-distance travels frequently, I suggest getting a bike seat with a long nose and a wide cushion. They will provide the best comfort for these types of trips.
- Mountain Biking: If you like to challenge yourself with mountain trailing, you’ll inevitably get into several positions. As such, you will need a bike seat that can adjust to your varied positions. The best model would be one that has a narrow nose and a durable cushion.
- Commuting: If you only use your bike for commuting, I recommend getting a bike seat with weather resistance. The shape doesn’t matter, and it often relies solely on your preferences.
Another thing you need to consider is the cushion type. Generally, there are two categories when it comes to bike seats. It’s either a performance type or a cushioning type.
Performance types don’t have as much cushioning. They often have a long and narrow nose with as little padding as possible to make sure there is little chafing going on while you pedal.
On the other hand, cushioning types have a wider build and a plushier structure. There is more padding than usual to make sure it can absorb the impact of bumps in the road.
Before anything else, you have to decide which one of these two types you’re looking for so you can get a clear objective in mind. Anyway, let’s proceed with the next factors.
Bike seats can be constructed out of several materials. However, there are two main parts of a bike seat that you need to pay attention to. This includes the seat cover and the rails. We’ll tackle the rails later. For now, let’s focus on the cover.
Three possible materials can be used on the cover. The most recommended is leather since it is durable and elastic.
However, most bike seats are made of synthetic materials. Although they are lightweight, there are just too many flaws to begin with.
You can also choose a bike seat made of cotton. It provides outstanding comfort levels, but they are more fragile, and they tend to break quickly.
The rails of the bike seat are crucial since they are what holds the whole package. Usually, you’ll get steel rails on your purchase. Although it’s the most common, steel rails are quite heavy.
Other types include alloy, titanium, and carbon fiber. Much like how bikes work, the alloy is lighter than steel, titanium is lighter than alloy, and carbon is the lightest material and most potent, too. The only problem is it gets more expensive with lighter materials.
Another important consideration is the padding. Since we’re talking about protecting your family jewels, you will need a bike seat with enough padding to shoulder the vibrations and shock that your bike frequently experiences.
Lastly, you will need to consider the size of your buttocks compared to the size of the bike seat. Ideally, you should have a bike seat that is much bigger than your whole backside. This applies to both men and women, balls or no balls.
Frequently Asked Questions
In addition to the previously-mentioned factors, there are also questions that you must ask yourself that may support your initial decision on the best bike seat model.
What are the most trusted bike seat for your balls brands?
There are numerous brands out there that offer bike accessories, but only a few offer decent bike seat products. The following are some of the most trusted brands where you’re most likely going to find the best bike seat on the market:
- Giddy Up!
Personally, I would go to TONBUX, SGODDE, or GRM if I need a good bike seat. They make the best products out there at an affordable rate. You may also opt for Brooks saddle, although their models are old-school.
How do I protect my balls when cycling?
Even with the perfect bike seats that don’t hurt, you will still experience some pain after a long day of cycling due to the numerous bumps on the way. That’s why finding the most comfortable cycling style goes a long way in protecting your balls when cycling.
Here are some notes on how you can protect your family jewels with some few adjustments to your riding style:
- Stand more upright when a bump is incoming so your legs can be used as shock absorbers
- Stand up every 15 minutes to avoid stiff legs
- Buy a full-suspension bicycle if your main hobby is mountain biking
- Get a suspension seat post if you mainly use your bike for commute
- Use padded bike shorts to minimize moisture and friction when cycling
Although some of these tips don’t have anything to do with bike seats, you can trust me when I say that these will be a huge help in the future.
Where to put your balls when cycling?
The first step to the comfort process is buying shorts that can hold everything in place. If you already have one, good for you. Your next step is to find the best position to put your balls when cycling. For that, you will need to sit properly.
As you sit back on the bike seats for men’s balls, you should notice a specific position where your sit bones are supposed to be. Place your sit bones in this position and make sure your back is as perpendicular to the seat as possible.
You should also try curving your spine for the best results. If you can’t curve your back, I suggest training yourself first. You can do so by touching your toes with your fingers without moving your legs.
This will give your family jewels space to breathe, making it the most optimal position. Alas, you need to be flexible enough, so I suggest you put some effort into training first.
How do you ride a bike without hurting your balls?
Before you buy a bike seat, you should consider if you really need a new bike seat. Perhaps what you need is a simple adjustment on your current seat.
Most of the time, the seat height makes a huge difference to your comfort levels. If the bike seat is too high, you may often swivel from side to side, resulting in irritation. As such, you have to place the bike seat at the right height.
Additionally, your right foot should be situated at a 90-degree position towards the pedal stroke. Meanwhile your knee is aligned over the tip of your foot. Then, slide the seat back and forth until you get it to the perfect position.
Lastly, it’s recommended that the bike seat is parallel to the ground. You can adjust the bike seat angle by tilting or moving the binder bolt.
Is a wide bike seat more comfortable?
Many people say that a wider bike seat is comfier. This is a common misconception, and the main reason why wider bike seats are more popular nowadays. In reality, it mainly depends on how you ride your bike.
For example, when you’re more into competitive cycling, a wide bike seat isn’t the ideal choice. You see, a wide saddle will only create more space for friction to take place, resulting in a higher chance of chafing. So if you’re going to do lots of pedaling, I recommended staying away from a wide bike seat in general.
With that said, it’s important to note that a wider seat or a narrower seat doesn’t always make the cut. The rule is, if you pedal more, your bike seat should be thinner, and vice versa. This is because wider ones generate more friction.
If you’re a cyclist who rides his bike often, getting the best bike seat for your balls is a must-have. After all, riding your bike can have some adverse effects on your private parts if you keep cycling uncomfortably.
Fortunately, this buying guide has everything you need to know regarding male bicycle seats. Now, it should no longer be difficult to choose the best model for you, as long as you want the best for your family jewels.
- Roguoo Wide Mountain Bike Seat - 2023 Spring Summer New. Super comfortable high density memory foam with durable waterproof leather plus dual shock...
- Ergonomic Design - The front part is smooth and a half inch narrower than normal bicycle seat, so it will not rub or bind on your thighs. With the...
- Extra Shockproof & Noiseless - Double Anti-vibration rubber ball, good elasticity, flexibility, toughness and larger endurance
- Easy to install & Fits any seat post - Comes with 2 mounting tools plus reflective armband, can adjust its height and angle yourself. Best bicycle...
- GET YOUR BIKE SEAT RISK-FREE: In the improbable case that you are not completely thrilled with your bike seat, we promise to solve the problem on the...
- UPGRADE SHOCK ABSORPTION SYSTEM - Upgraded from the old version, dual SILICONE anti-shock balls adopted have better shock absorption capacity compare...
- GET A GOOD BIKE SADDLE FOR A COMFORTABLE RIDE - Want to take a long outdoor riding or just use it daily like going to work or school? Comfortable bike...
- WATERPROOF, WEAR & TEAR RESISTANT - The surface of this bicycle saddle is made by premium artificial leather, which won't degrade easily under...
- UNIVERSAL FIT & INSTALLATION TOOL INCLUDED – With the standard diameter (7/8") rail clamp and small tool included in the package, our seat can be...
- SAFE RIDING, WORRY-FREE PURCHASES – Special added red warning strip improves cycler's safety during the night riding. Absolutely No Worry in the...
- High Density GEL Foam – Bluewind bike seat use high density Gel that fits perfectly on the hip, durable and more comfortable. It reduces pain caused...
- Hollow Breathable Design - Ensures the bike seat is breathable and ventilated while helping to reduce pressure. Long soft nose with a nature and...
- Triple Decompression Effect – Design curved technology suspension damping bow and dual shock absorbing ball can better absorb shock. Well-designed...
- Safe Riding - The rear of the bicycle seat is equipped with a red reflective strip, more eye-catching & safety when riding at night or in rain days....
- Bonus - Comes with mounting tool, reflective tape and adapter. Standard diameter rail clamp easy mount on most common bike seats. Designed for both...
- Drop The Sweat, Not The Ball: Sweat dripping down your forehead and into your eyes? And all during a hot streak? Not cool, man. The Dryzone Headband...
- Ultra-comfortable Fit: Working out shouldn’t be a headache. So, why buy sweatbands for men that are too tight on your noggin? This stretchy,...
- The Mane Event: We get it. You're the "Mane Guy," and you'd like to keep it that way. No problem. But when your hair gets in the way of your routine,...
- One Size Fits Most:Thanks to our 4-way stretch fabric, the sweat headband snugly fits without pinch or pressure points. Recommended for head sizes 22...
- Max-Out with the Multipacks: Is someone you love sweat-challenged? We know the drill. This headband will definitely come handy in their training...
- 【Arm & Leg Mini Exercise Bike】AGM pedal exerciser can be used for arms and legs exercises to improve muscle strength, joint range of motion and...
- 【Compact & Portable Design】With 12.6' height, this portable pedal foot cycle exerciser machine can be easily fitted under desk or similar space,...
- 【Safe & Non-Slip】Comfortable non-slip foot pedal exerciser bike pedals straps keep your feet fixed and ensure the stability. The adjustable foot...
- 【Adjustable Workout Intensity】Easily adjust the resistance level with the tension knob to meet your needs. This mini exercise bike is a great...
- 【Multifunctional LCD Display】AGM under desk bike pedal exerciser attaches LCD screen display, data like time, speed, distance and calories burned...
- Hardcover Book
- Editors of Phoenix International Publications (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 24 Pages - 05/01/2013 (Publication Date) - Phoenix International Publications, Inc (Publisher)
- Ultra bright and soft LED lights, tied on the bicycle as a warning taillight, or on the backpack, or other objects is helpful to improve the...
- Mount this bike rear light anywhere you want in seconds, such as the handlebar, the seat post or anywhere on the frame, even your backpack, just need...
- Size:15*6.5*3cm/5.9*2.55*1.18 inch..Slight waterproof & Exquisite appearance,Its external waterproof silicone material.
- Our egg-shaped light are water-repellent, so they can be used normally in rainy days, and there is no need to disassemble them when cleaning the...
- It is difinetly a perfect gift for yourself/your kids/your friends, It will let you love of getting outside and riding !!!