Bikepacking is a pleasurable activity where you can explore different parts of the world. With the rush of your adrenaline, you will be able to experience a new town, traverse a challenging mountain pass, and enjoy the wide-open roads.
However, as surreal as it seems, bikepacking comes with its own challenges. Stocking up your necessities to survive a new adventure is no easy feat. You need to keep your belongings safe and intact. Since using a dry bag is not guaranteed, you will need the best bikepacking bags to ensure that you can pack all the essentials for your next adventure.
Best Bikepacking Bag Reviews
1. Blackburn BLBOUTFBS Outpost Bicycle Frame Bag
Our top product in this list is the blackburn bikepacking bag, which has a sleek minimalist design featuring the brand’s name on one side. The bag comes in three sizes depending on your needs. It has small, medium, and large sizes to accommodate different types of bikers. Moreover, it is triangular in shape, so it can fit into your bike’s frame.
This frame pack is expandable to give you more space when you need it. As a bikepacking frame bag, it will automatically expand when you put a lot of items inside. Alternatively, it will return to its original shape when there are fewer essentials stored.
Furthermore, there are attaching mechanisms on each side to give you a hassle-free setup. An adjustable mounting system makes it easier to fit it with the frame of the bike. You are guaranteed that it won’t fall off even when you pass through rough and difficult terrain. Simply put, the bag will remain the same as it was when mounted.
2. ROCKBROS Bike Handlebar Bag Bike Bag
If you are looking for the most favorite bikepacking bags apidura, this ROCKBROS bag is a reasonable choice. This handlebar pack is made of premium quality material with 600D Nylon + TPU film fabric. Accompanying its impressive material is a sealed zipper enclosure that can hold your essentials protectively.
It is designed for light packing with 2 liters capacity. You can store your everyday essentials, including wallets, food pouches, glasses, and more. This bag will certainly not add much weight when riding. Aside from that, you can use this as a day-to-day bag since it has adjustable and removable shoulder straps.
This bikepacking handlebar bag is very minimalistic in design with its cylindrical shape that can sit excellently on your road bike. It is one of the most perfect tube bags available in the market today. The handlebar harness is made of velcro straps, which makes it possible to attach to the bar in just a few minutes. Moreover, the structure is solid and sturdy due to the PP plate support that comes with it.
3. Rhinowalk Bicycle Saddle Bag
If you are looking for a lightweight commuter bag for everyday use, you should consider this bag from Rhinowalk. It has an excellent storage system for you to keep everything that you need for the whole day. This bag can hold valuables like mobile phones, keys, chargers, and more.
This is the ideal seat pack for riders because its 1.5L capacity will not add any weight to the bike. With its cool style and design, it can reduce air resistance while also allowing you to ride your bike speedily. You will not feel much burden even when you are passing through a rough and challenging road.
It is also engineered with a strong three-point fixation system. You are guaranteed that your essentials will not fall off even when you are biking at top speed. Something else that I really like about this product is that it comes with a powerful buckle, additionally coupled with high-quality webbing straps. This pairing ensures that you can easily and securely mount the bag onto the seat post.
4. Moosetreks Bike Bag
This Moosetreks bicycle frame pack is the perfect bikepacking gear that bike riders would want to have. It has a large storage capacity that can keep plenty of items you need for off-road biking. It is the ideal companion during a long journey, but is not ideal for everyday use.
It comes in different sizes to suit any type of frame. You just need the exact measure of the frame of your bike top tube and seat post to get the right sizing for your bike bag. As it is designed for a bikepacking bag setup, it is made to be durable and water-resistant. The material used is premium quality ripstop nylon coupled with thermoplastic polyurethane in all the frame bags for bikepacking.
Because of its large storage capacity, this type of pack has excellent space to accommodate your belongings. All sizes come with a 2-zipper compartment and a detachable divider inside. You will be able to neatly organize your things with this bike pack.
5. OBOVA Bike Handlebar Bags
If you are looking for a sturdy and sleek handlebar bag, this OBOVA product is a great choice. It has a standard size and is extremely lightweight with only 0.64lb. The design can fit perfectly to your handlebar, as it is not too big nor small. It is the right bag size for everyday commute or overnight trips.
Given that this is a medium-sized bag, it comes with a different compartment to store your valuables. It can easily hold basic necessities like bottle cages, food, and clothing. For a stable and sturdy appeal, it also has a reinforced foam padding system.
Its attachment system is just as impressive featuring three velcro straps for a strong and powerful hold. The straps are long enough to secure your bag to the handlebar. The handlebar harness provides you with a quick-release and easy installation. It is an ideal bar bag for every busy biker who just can’t keep himself/herself out of the road.
6. Roswheel Bike Bag Bicycle Storage Bags
Another great choice for a bikepacking bag is this Roswheel bicycle storage top tube bag. The brand is known for high-quality products, so this tube bag does not disappoint. Although it is a bit pricey compared to other bags in the market, it is made of strong and durable material that allows it to stand the test of time. For instance, its high-quality jacquard nylon makes it tear-resistant, and its double-wall TPU material makes it waterproof.
As one of the best top tube bags available nowadays, this can hold essentials weighing from 3L to 7L – incredibly versatile! It can fit large items like sleeping bags and obviously the smallest items, including cell phones and keys. With this bike racing bag, you will never run out of storage space for your next adventure.
This bike also features an excellent velcro mounting system. It comes with three velcro straps to easily mount to your bike. The straps can be repositioned, so the bag can sit comfortably on your bike. You just need to adjust it to the desired fitting while ensuring a well-balanced load distribution.
7. ROCKBROS Bikepacking Bag
If you are looking for the perfect bikepacking bag with a large storage capacity, this seat pack from ROCKBROS is the number one choice. This bag can hold a maximum weight of 14L. With its roll-top closure design, you can easily adjust and fold your bag according to your load.
This bag may be expensive compared to other brands, but it comes with a lot of functional features. It has a composite 3-layer waterproof material to keep your bag from dirt and moisture. All your belongings will be safe and protected once you choose to use this seat pack. With its large storage capacity and waterproof design, you will be confident carrying this pack in your next adventure.
For its mounting system, it comes with a fixed buckle plus straps to secure your things inside. You can easily attach your bag under the seat without the use of any kind of tool. Using the buckle and straps, you can securely fasten it to your bike post. You will never worry of your stuff falling off when biking.
8. Bushwhacker Waco Handlebar & Seat Bag
If you are looking for a highly versatile bag that can be both a handle bar and a seat bag, this Bushwhacker bike bag is the right choice. This two-in-one bag is very affordable too. It is among the best budget bikepacking bags we have on this list.
The bag has a minimalistic design and is in dark blue. It is one of the simplest top tube bags you can see in the market. Accompanying with its delicate construction and design is a red embroidered logo of the brand. It has two zippers in the front to readily access the main compartment.
This bag is made of highly durable ripstop polyester material to ensure that it will last long. It is a well-constructed bag that you can use anywhere you go. The material underwent strict quality control for every user’s convenience. You are guaranteed that even when you put too much load inside the bag, the bag’s construction can still hold your valuables together.
9. Rap Marketplace RNS Bikepacking Frame Bag
This Rap Marketplace well-constructed frame bag demonstrates durability and strength. It is made of high-quality polyester fabric to make it water-resistant. Among the bikepacking bags on this list, this triangle frame bag fits well into the frame of your bike once it is properly installed. It would not be much of a burden even when you are busy pedaling your bike.
Along with its impressive bag construction are multiple compartments intended for smart and easy storage. When you open the bag, you will be greeted with several storage compartments where you can organize your essentials. Using this bag makes you tidier!
In terms of attachment features, this road bike frame bag will definitely not disappoint. It has plenty of adjustable hook and loop fasteners to ensure proper fitting to your bike. With this installation system, you will enjoy a well-balanced and weight bag distribution. As a result, you can run your bike as fast as you want.
10. Sahoo Bikepacking Bag
If an affordable bikepacking bag is what you are looking for, this Sahoo bag is a top choice. It is made of fully waterproof material, so you can use this bag in any type of weather. This bag also comes with a double-layer nylon TPU material to protect it from moisture and dust. Just make sure you maintain it well to avoid wear and tear.
Aside from that, it is very versatile where you can use it as a roll-up bag or an under-seat bag. Moreover, this product can easily be adjusted and folded depending on the load you put inside. The seat pack is also expandable for you to carry items from 3L up to 10L. It can hold anything you need for a day, and even overnight essentials for an extended trip.
In addition to its basic features, it has a well-secured attachment system. In detail, it comes with a wide velcro strap for seatpost mounting and two-firm and solid snap-on buckles intended for the saddle of your bike. You will not have to worry about whether this bag fits your bike, as it is designed to be compatible with most types of bikes.
11. Lixada Bike Handlebar Bag
This is another top tube bag on this list. This Lixada handlebar roll is one of the most sturdy bikepacking bags we have listed. It comes with several functional features including impressive storage space. This top tube has a large main compartment, two side pockets, and one pocket at the back. It also has a designated compartment for water and other important essentials. It can hold items weighing up to 13 liters as well.
Made of top-quality polyester fabric material, your valuables are well-protected inside. It comes with PE cotton filler to provide security to the overall structure of your bag. Aside from that, it is convenient to use with a dual zipper closure that gives you easy access to your belongings.
As a handlebar bag for bikepacking, it comes with a fastener strap where you can use it for mounting. With this system, it can be compatible with various types of bikes specifically road and mountain bikes. It gives you hassle-free installation work using its quick-to-release strap.
12. Topeak 63005008 SeatPost Mount Bikepacking Bag
The last on this list is this seatpost mount bikepacking bag. This is one of the most expensive bikepacking bags we listed given that it came from a renowned bag brand, Topeak. You are guaranteed that you get what you paid for with this product.
This bikepacking seat bag can carry loads up to 15 liters ideal for long bike travels. Made of highly durable polyethylene and nylon, it can withstand any kind of pressure from a rigorous environment. Even though it is made to carry bulky items, this product is extremely lightweight. It will not add extra load when installed into your bike.
Just like some other bikepacking bags we mentioned, it has an easy-to-mount system with hook and loop straps. You can attach this bikepacking saddle bag to your saddle rails or seatpost without needing a special tool. The hook and straps that comes with it will ensure that the bag is securely fastened to the bike.
What is the Best Bikepacking Bag
The top-rated bikepacking bag is the one that can satisfy your personal needs. Before choosing the right bike pack bags, it is important to assess your packing needs. Meaning, you must know how many items you would want to bring with you on your adventure. You should also assess the carrying capacity of your mountain bike, so you would not strain the bike with overwhelming weight and force.
Another aspect tonote is the longevity of your bag. Most bikepacking bags are made of different materials. If you want your bags to last long, it is important to choose bikepacking packs made of premium quality materials. You will need, of course, to shell out a reasonable amount of money for the item you want to get.
What to Look for When Buying Bikepacking Bags
Bikepacking bags come in various styles for different types of bikers. When looking for the ideal bag, choose a bag style that suits your personality. Bike bags can be in the form of trunk bags, panniers, seat packs or seat bags, saddle bags, frame bags, or handlebar pack bags.
Trunk bags are ideal for heavy packers. They are bigger bags that can sit on top of a rear rack and can accommodate a larger number of essentials. On the other hand, panniers are good for balance. They come in pairs to ensure even weight distribution.
If you want lightweight bike frame packs, you can choose a saddle bag where you can place it in a seatpost without creating much disturbance. It comes in different sizes depending on how many items you want to carry.
The frame bags, on one side, can sit in the middle triangle of the frame. It can also provide balance while giving you bigger storage space. Lastly, the handlebar bag can be easily attached to your handlebars. It sits in the front of your bike, where you can readily access your valuables.
Another important consideration when choosing bike bags or is their capacity. It highly depends on your needs as well. If you are a heavy packer, you will need a bag that can accommodate more essentials. On the other hand, if you are a light packer, saddle bags or panniers are ideal for you.
When choosing seat packs, you should also consider how you can easily access your belongings when the bag is attached to your bike. Handlebar bags are the best if you want greater accessibility. It is just sitting in front of your bike, so, getting water bottles, food pouches, and other essentials is easy with this type of bag.
You should also take note of the kind of openings the bag has. Flaps and zippers give you quick access to everything you need inside the bag. You can open your bag without much of a hassle.
You should also not miss to check the bag’s adjustability. It is crucial that your bag can sit well on your road bikes in order to prevent it from falling off. An excellent harness system like those revelate bikepacking bags can provide better adjustability to your bag. Some use velcro straps or compression straps when attaching the bag to the bike.
How Do I Choose a Bikepacking Bag
Choosing a bikepacking bag is simple, especially when you’ve already assessed your bag needs. Of course, you should not compromise quality over the price.
Some Ortlieb bikepacking bags or Bedrock bags, for instance, are made of high-quality and premium material to ensure that they will last long and can deliver excellent performance.
How Many Liters of Bikepacking Do I Need
Riders would always ask how many liters they can put inside the bag to ensure the right bikepacking setup. If you are just spending 24 hours on the road, a 20-liter capacity bike bag is already enough. However, if you want to spend more time bike touring, you should get a bag with 60-80 liter capacity. It will give you enough storage space for all your essentials.
Choosing the best bikepacking bags for your needs can be challenging. You need to assess your specific requirements to get the best out of the product. This guide provides you a wide range of options where you can select the right bag for you. We gave you a selection of the best frame bags for different frame sizes, including top tube bags and handlebar bags from reputable brands.
- ADJUSTABLE & FOLDABLE: Bikepacking bag maximum capacity 14L. Easy to hold your tools and short distance items. Roll-top closure design adjust the...
- WATERPROOF & EASY TO CLEAN: Composite 3 layer bike bag is waterproof. INNOVATIVE material made this large bike saddle bag so that dirt or mud can be...
- EASY TO INSTALL: Fixed buckle with straps secure hold your bag under seat. No tools needed suitable for variety bikes, road bike, mountain bike, dirt...
- REFLECTIVE straps increase your night visibility during night cycling. Bike Saddle bag can be used as FENDER if rains heavily reduce the muddy water...
- Product Dimensions: Build in steel around the using panel keep the bag stay in shape and protect items from extrusion. Enjoy your cycling journey no...
- 100% Waterproof
- 9 Liter
- Anti - Mud / Water Fabric and Rip-Stop yarn
- Constructed by RF welding ensures complete waterproof
- EASY ONE-HANDED ACCESS - Attaches to your bike handlebar and stem allowing for quick and easy access to snacks, water bottle (large enough for 32oz...
- CONVENIENT STORAGE SOLUTION - Large enough to fit 32oz Nalgene water bottles and standard/large bike bottles! Mesh side pockets are perfect for...
- SECURE 3-POINT ATTACHMENT - One velcro loop attaches stem bag to your handlebars, a 2nd velcro loop attaches to the stem, finally clip the strap at...
- INSULATED AND DURABLE - Bike Stem Bag is insulated to keep your drinks cool! There is also a drainage hole at the bottom. Made from durable ripstop...
- VERSATILE - Adjustable velcro loops allow you to attach the bag to either side of your stem. Maximize your storage capacity by installing ONE ON EACH...
- Install / remove waterproof carry bag quickly and easily
- Easily and securely mounts to handlebar and head tube with adjustable straps?. Adaptable design fits a variety of bike types
- Adjustable rubber spacers absorb shock and add secure mounting
- Rubberized material for extra grip and stability
- Included waterproof carry bag keeps contents dry
- NEAR CUSTOM FIT - Comes in 3 sizes to fit most touring and fat bike frames! Measure the inside length of your bike frame top tube, seat tube, and down...
- DURABLE AND WATER RESISTANT - Made from durable ripstop nylon laminated with thermoplastic polyurethane makes this frame bag both extremely durable...
- EXTRA-LARGE STORAGE CAPACITY - Plenty of room for all of your gear! All bags have 2 zipper compartments with removable divider. Capacity: Small -...
- IMPROVED STABILITY AND LOAD BALANCE - Designed to keep the load weight low and stable for improved handling during steep climbs and technical...
- PREMIUM YKK ZIPPER - High-quality, durable, water resistant zipper made by YKK! Also, new and improved stronger frame bag liner material and shorter...
- ★Fully Waterproof & Easy to Clean - upgrade material : double layers waterproof nylon TPU made this large bike saddle bag, 100% waterproof. Mud and...
- ★Adjustable &Foldable - This bike saddle bag capacity could be adjusted from 3L to 10L (1-2.6 gallons) by rolling bag top. The volume is almost as a...
- ★Fixed Securely - Using one widen VELCRO STRAP attach to seat post and two solid SNAP-ON BUCKLES under bike saddle. Compatible with almost all kinds...
- ★Safety First - REFLECTIVE elements on this bike under seat bag increase your night visibility during night cycling. Bike bag under seat can be use...
- ★Great gift :Thanksgiving ,Christmas or Birthday gift for your lover, families or friends. Enjoy your cycling journey no matter sunny or rainy.
- Fully WATERPROOF BIKE HANDLEBAR BAGS: Innovative seamless workmanship 2 handlebar bags securely hold your items. Roll up closure provides dual...
- 2 ASSEMBLY TUBE POUCHES: Detachable bikepacking bags can use together or alone on the handlebar. Freely matched, quick release & install on easily....
- LARGE CAPACITY: Total 19-21 L capacity top tube bags satisfy your long or short journey needs, classified storage your items such as clothes, keys,...
- QUICK RELEASE STRAPS & NIGHT VISIBILITY: Adjustable straps can easily fasten on the handlebar. Coupled with the extra straps can be used as waist bag....
- MULTI-purpose: Durable bike handlebar bags protect your device and accessories from harsh weather conditions or crashes.Suitable for variety Outdoors...
- Big Capacity & Foldable: The bikepacking seat bag maximum capacity up to 10L. Easy to hold your gears and enjoy your bike-packing camping trip....
- Easy to Attach & Stable: The bike seat bag included foam insert that fits against the seat post means you can pull the support straps really tight and...
- WATERPROOF: The bike pouches with Inner waterproof liner. Kept all your gear dry trough the rain as well! Enjoy your cycling journey no matter sunny...
- Strong & Durable: bike packing cargo bags build in 4 pcs PP panel which keep the bag stay in shape and protect items from extrusion.
- Reflective & Extra Room: reflective patterns and logos increase your night visibility during night cycling. Bike bag has an elastic strap down for...
- 100% waterproof fabric and seamless welding process, can withstand heavy rain and splashes. Our internal nail punching is protected by an extra layer...
- Fast mount, high tenacity quick release and lock system, easy access at your will.
- 3 point fixing system by means of 3 adjustable band clamps, which can be locked by screws. And mounting bracket designed with 2 M5 screw holes,...
- Internal compartment pockets for sorting. D ring on both sides, combine with supplied shoulder straps it can be use as a shoulder bag. Reflective logo...
- Suitable for E-scooter, touring bikes, road bikes, mountain bikes. Can be used for commuting or outdoor.
- 【Material】PVC polyester. Anti slip and wear-resistant material can effectively avoid wearing the pole. Excellent waterproof performance. The inner...
- 【Large capacity】A Saddle bag for bikepacking, it can store items needed for medium and long-distance cycling. Cross elastic rope can be used to...
- 【Simple installation】 Fix at four points with four straps. After tightening the fixing strap, press the buckle to make it more firm and...
- 【Ensure your safety】 Reflective strap, brand logo and tail light hook, you don't have to worry about riding at night.
- 【Occasion】Commuting, cycling, outdoor sports, business travel, etc. Suitable for road bike, mountain bikes and folding bikes.