With several options available in the market, finding the perfect and the best inexpensive BMX bikes can be difficult. It can be for you or even for kids. In both cases, other than the price, many factors play an important role like the durability, available warranty, types of parts, and many more such characteristics.
Bikes are also manufactured for different purposes such as moving on roads, mountaineering, or even for performing stunts. Selecting the correct type of bike is thus important.
With thorough research, this article has a compilation of the best inexpensive BMX bikes, including bikes for both adults and kids. It also includes a detailed buyer’s guide and frequently asked questions for better help.
Top Picks Best Inexpensive BMX Bikes
1. JOYSTAR Gemsbok 20 Inch Kids Bike BMX
In our selection of BMX bikes, this product by the revered brand, Joystar is one of the most beautiful and stylish ones. The color pattern and choice are spectacular. To elevate the aesthetics further, it is designed with an oil slick color.
This bike is undoubtedly a very cool ride with unique features. The metal used is not very heavy, and there are pegs in the front of the tire, making this perfect for performing tricks. The seat is made of extra cushioning for extra comfort.
In case of emergencies, the bike’s brakes need to be perfect and efficient, and the Joystar bike delivers on this front too! It has a double-hand brake system for added safety. The steel frame of the bike is solid and sturdy. Both the pedals have non-slip resin to prevent injuries of any sort.
Both the wheels also have reflectors for easy and secure use of bikes at night. This bike is great for kids as well as young adults. When ordered, the bike comes about eight-five percent assembled, and the rest of the assembly is relatively easy.
An instruction manual and tools required for assembly are provided with the bike. Only a single speed is available on this bike; therefore, it is simple to use. With this bike, your ride will surely be smooth and super cool.
- 20-inch wheels
- Great speed control
- Durable steel frame
- Weighs 14 kgs
- Made of carbon steel
- Oil slick color
- Dual handbrake
2. Mongoose Legion Freestyle Sidewalk BMX Bike
This bike on our list is perfect for children having a maximum height of 3 feet 6 inches. With a gorgeous-looking green color and high safety levels, this Mongoose Legion bike could be your child’s new best friend. Small BMX bikes indeed have a unique and exciting look, and this model has never looked better.
It has super strong back brakes for a high level of security, while the build is sturdy and reliable. Along with the amazing looks and high-quality safety measures, this bike also provides the necessary benefit of comfort while pedaling.
From the style to the seating, the manufacturer has ensured convenience. The assembly is yet another aspect of this bike that makes it a great option for your child. The process of assembly is not time-consuming, nor is it difficult.
It is an excellent choice for beginners as well as entry-level riders. An aluminum U-shape frame is created in the design, and it helps in speed control. On the other hand, the handlebar joined with the stem provides super smooth handling and steering performance.
The brand Mongoose is well known for its work and is surely a brand you can put your trust in when it comes to selling secure bikes for kids. It is also highly durable, so you know you’ll be getting your money’s worth.
- 16-20 inch
- Green color
- Easy to assemble
- Value for money
- Behind brakes only
- Aluminum U brakes
3. Elite BMX Bicycle
This BMX bike by Elite is another excellent product. It is a freestyle bike that can be used for different purposes. One of the many amazing things about this bike is that it is available in ten different colors!
With so many color options, you can pick the color which fits your personality or the one you like the best. It is also available in two-wheel sizes, that is, 16 inches and 20 inches. It has U brakes that ensure higher safety levels and better performance than standard brakes.
This will be just perfect for people who are new to the world of cycling and biking. The design is such that it works on almost every surface, including streets, dirt, or even in playgrounds. It is one of Amazon’s best sellers and is trusted by multiple users all around the globe.
The weight of the bike is neither too light nor too heavy; it’ll be good as a street bike, but performing stunts with it can be challenging. If you are looking for a bike for freestyling, this might be the right choice for you. According to customer reviews, it has 4.5 stars out of 5.
- Easy to assemble
- Great performance
- Value for money
- 20 inch and 16-inch variants
- Available in 10 colors
- A set of pegs is included
4. AVASTA 20-inch Freestyle BMX Bike
At number 4 on our list is this Freestyle BMX bike. It is ideal for users above the age of 6 and can be used by both kids and adults. It’s beginner-friendly, so if you are new or want to learn, you can opt for this bike. It can also be used by intermediate bikers or experts as well if they want to.
The frame of the bike is durable, and it provides strength to the bike, helping you maneuver it easily. The brakes are U-shaped aluminum fixed on the rear wheel of the bike. The brake system offers excellent speed controls and higher levels of safety, especially for beginners. The bike requires very little maintenance and focuses more on the security of the rider.
The assembly process is simple as it comes eighty-five percent assembled, and the leftover assembling is easy with the provided manual and tools. Four pegs are included with the bike; they can be attached to both wheels to perform stunts and tricks on the bike. It weighs only 11.7kg.
Hence it’s a fantastic option for people looking for lightweight bikes to learn or perform stunts. The suggested height of the rider is above forty-eight inches.
- 20 inches
- For ages six and above
- Aluminum U brake
- Aluminum brake lever
- Durable frame
- Easy assembly
- Black color
- Reflectors and pegs included
5. Mongoose Skid Boys Freestyle BMX Bike with Training Wheels
For our budding riders, this Mongoose Skid bike is just perfect. It can be used by experienced riders as well, but it is better suited for learners. It comes with training wheels for your little one to easily ride and pedal without having any issues with balancing.
You can remove the training wheels later once the learning process is completed. For easy pedaling, the bike has one speed only. A stand is also attached to the bike for learners to climb off and on the bike without problems.
The bike is equipped with coaster foot brakes that makes stopping the bike in a hurry very simple and quick. No assembly is required as it comes fully equipped with all necessary items making it ready to use.
The seat has foam padding, and the cover over the seat is super cool looking and smooth ensuring comfortable seating. The height of the seat is adjustable, so you can set it accordingly.
Your little one can make the bike stop by paddling backward, which is surely a major benefit. The customer rating is 4.5 stars out of 5, making it a spectacular piece! Mongoose is a trustable brand, and you can have faith in it when it comes to bikes for kids.
- Grey in color
- Four years limited warranty
- Made of steel
- Coaster foot brakes
- 16 inch
Buyer’s Guide For Buying The Best Inexpensive BMX Bikes
With so many amazing features and great characteristics, choosing the perfect bike becomes tough. But with this buyer’s guide, your decision-making will get simpler.
A bike that costs a lot doesn’t necessarily have high quality. Similarly, a bike within your budget range can also have good quality. You just need to search and ensure that what you are looking for is met.
Pegs can be attached to both or either of the tires of the bike. They are usually very helpful during stunts or while performing tricks. Pegs can be built-in; if they aren’t, you can get them attached as well.
Avoid doing stunts without pegs being present. They complete the BMX biking experience. They cannot be attached to kids’ bikes but can easily be put in youth or adult bikes with 20-inch-sized wheels.
2. Rotating Handlebars
Having rough or hard handlebars surely dampens the biking experience. Even though rotating handlebars aren’t available in all types of bikes, if you find one within your budget range, you should opt for it. It will enhance your experience and provide extra comfort as well.
The size of the bike is a major factor that you should check before making a purchase. Your height should perfectly match the bike. If you opt for the wrong size, you might have to endure an uncomfortable riding experience and later have problems in your knees or back due to the incorrect riding posture.
Several sizes are available online with adjustable seating systems, so you can select that according to your needs as well.
Different bikes are made of different types of materials. According to your requirements, you should check the material of the bike. Certain needs like performing stunts or mountaineering require bikes that are light in weight. So check the type of material and how much weight it is adding to the cycle before you make a purchase.
Several types of brakes are available these days, and hence you should buy the bike which has brakes that are most comfortable for you to use. For example, bikes made for kids are usually equipped with brakes that work when the peddling is done backward.
This is the most convenient form of brakes for kids. Furthermore, check what type of brake you feel is good for you and accordingly look for your perfect bike.
The Bottom Line
With hundreds and thousands of excellent options shopping for anything can be a time-consuming and long task. Be it a bike or a simple t-shirt deciding on what to buy is surely not as simple as it seems.
But with this article, eighty percent of your work is done. Before deciding on one bike, it is advisable to go through the buyer’s guide and look for all the mentioned characteristics. Safety should also be checked, even though all companies ensure that, along with cool looks and comfortable features, safety should be one of their priorities.
But you should always ensure protection and take care of yourself while biking. Make sure that you wear the correct accessories like a helmet and knee pads before you begin your biking journey with your ideal bike.
1. Which brand is the best for a BMX bike?
Many amazing brands manufacture BMX bikes. The best brand for you might not be the best for someone else. It is all a question of preference.
2. What’s the average cost of a BMX bike?
The cost varies as there are several types of BMX bikes, but on average, it should cost you about five hundred dollars.
3. What characterizes a good BMX bike?
A good BMX bike is made of high-quality and durable materials. They offer great shock absorption and have good brake technology. These bikes adhere to all the safety regulations while ensuring you have a smooth and comfortable ride.
4. What age is a 20-inch BMX bike for?
BMX bikes with 20-inch wheels can be ridden by people of all ages, starting with children between 7-8 years.
5. Can a 20-inch BMX bike be for adults?
Yes, adults can easily ride a 20-inch BMX bike.
- AGE RANGE: Ideal for ages 12-19 with a rider height of 4'8" to 5'8"
- 15-SPEEDS: Thumb index-system shifts between gears with ease
- FRAME: Steel hardtail frame is ready for outdoor adventure
- ATB TIRES: 24" X 1.95" handle pavement, gravel, and dirt with ease
- PADDED SEAT: Padded seat is comfortable for young riders and has a quick release clamp that enables easy seat height adjustment
- The Mongoose Switch Boy's Freestyle BMX Bike is great for first-time riders and comes with training wheels, Recommended rider height of 42-52 inches
- A low, stand-over steel frame allows for easy access and control for young children. A foot brake allows for confidence when stopping.
- Styled like a pro rider's bike, this kid's bike features metal spoked wheels and black grips. An alloy four-bolt stem and four-piece handlebars adds...
- The durable chain guard helps protect from scrapes and cuts, while the removable training wheels help first-time riders find their balance at their...
- This bike ships ready to be assembled and is ideal for riders between the ages of 5 and 7, handlebars are upside down for packaging purposes, consumer...
- Steel hardtail mountain bike frame
- 21 speed index derailleur with grip shifters
- Front and rear v-brakes
- Quick release seat post
- One year limited warranty
- The Legion L20 is a stylish freestyle BMX bike that offers everything a beginning rider needs to hit the streets and pop off curbs! Suggested rider...
- The durable L20 features a Hi-Ten steel frame, removable brake mounts, and a 20.25-inch top tube length.
- The L20’s drivetrain features 170mm one-piece forged steel cranks with a 25T alloy chainring and American loose ball bottom bracket.
- The wheelset features 20” x 2.3” tires mounted on aluminum single wall 36H rims with 3/8” female axle front hub and 9T cog sealed bearing...
- Aluminum U-brake and brake levers provide precision speed control, while the Hi-Ten steel handlebar and fork are joined by a 50mm stem and threadless...
- Kids - they grow up so fast! But what to do when choosing one of their first bikes that will surely last only a finite period in their lives? Brave...
- Our bikes have all the features you demand in a premium product, but our unique position in the market allows us to leave out the premium price!
- As your young cyclist grows, so will his cycling ambitions! When the neighborhood is no longer enough, the Brave Ryder 20 is ready to ride where your...
- Supalite Aluminum frame and fork - For easy pedaling and maneuverability.
- We are a USA based company, the bikes were designed and engineered in the USA. Lifetime warranty on frame not to crack or bend.
- Full suspension mountain bike frame
- 21 speed index derailleur with grip shifters
- Front and rear v-brakes
- Quick release seat post
- Boys BMX street/dirt bike with coaster brakes
- Handlebar pad
- Tough steel frame with kickstand
- Lifetime warranty on frame and fork
- Bike Dimensions 35" x 26" x 54", 26.95 pounds.Tire Size: 20 inch x 1.95 inch
- Steel frame is lightweight and strong
- Alloy wheels
- 21 speeds with Shimano rear derailleur
- 3 piece cranks
- Front & rear linear pull brakes
- Mongoose Hi-Ten steel BMX frame and fork is sturdy and ready for action made for minimum rider height of 48-inches
- Back brakes only, 40x16T gearing with 1-piece forged steel 170mm cranks offers simple single-speed riding
- Bicycles cast aluminum mag wheels with sealed bearings will turn heads
- Cable detangler for 360 degree handlebar spins and Alloy rear U-brakes for secure stops
- Accessories include a kickstand, chain guard, and 4 freestyle pegs
- E-Powered: choose between pedaling manually or use the electric motor for a little extra boost on this kids’ electric fat-tire mountain bike
- Fat Tires: High-volume 4-inch tires mounted to 20-inch rims allow younger riders to experience the maximum traction and smooth ride of a real fat bike...
- 7-Speed Shimano Gears: shift between seven gears to help you conquer a variety of terrain on this mountain e-bike with durable 6061-series aluminum...
- Dual Disc Brakes: the EB-6 features a Shimano MF-TZ21 freehub so you can coast smoothly even after you stop pedaling. This kids fat bike comes with...
- All-Star Customer Service: Our team prioritizes customer satisfaction. For any questions or concerns about your electric bike, call, email, or chat...
- Tig Welded Steel Frame and Fork
- 20" Wheels with Pegs
- Front and Rear Handbrakes
- Alloy Seat Clamp
- Freestyle Rotor Included
- Designed for beginner-level riders, the Mongoose Title Pro BMX race bike is a trophy-worthy bike at an amazingly affordable price. Suggested rider...
- Lightweight Tectonic T1 aluminum frame, integrated headset and internal cable routing for clean lines and added protection. 21. 26” top tube length...
- The Title’s drivetrain features 170mm 3-piece tubular chromo cranks with a 44T chain ring and euro cartridge bottom bracket.
- The wheelset features Arisen XLR8 20” tires mounted on exposure aluminum double wall rims with aluminum ball bearing front hub and 16T cog freewheel...
- Aluminum linear pull brake with brake levers offer quality speed control, while the Hi-Ten chromo handlebar and fork are joined by a 50mm stem and...